Game Thread 4/27: TB @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 07:47 PM)
Flowers with the worst at bat you'll ever see. He's in another one of his slumps where it looks like Jim Parque could still get him out easily.

Maybe even Arnie Munoz or Josh Stewart. Paniagua?

Farmer raving about Moneyball, about his "good friend" Billy Beane and how Brad Pitt did such a good job portraying him. Of course, Farmer's friends with George Bush and half the celebrities in America, from Michael Milken to anyone associated with Notre Dame to the Cog Hill groundskeeper.

DJ, amazingly, hasn't seen it. Not sure if he's read the book...

Hawk was on Talkin Baseball this morning talking about how last year's Orioles and A's and the 2005 White Sox had the TWTW.

So if you win, you have the TWTW, and if you lose, you don't have the TWTW. That's how that works.

They drafted Greg Reynolds instead.

But if you remember, that was right around the time the Rockies were in the World Series, 2007, against Boston.

Not sure what winning the pennant in 2007 has to do with passing on Longoria and taking Greg Reynolds. Stewart was in minors when that draft occurred, and O'Dowd said that he did not want to upset him, or words to that effect, making O'Dowd dumber than a rock.

Edited by oldsox

I figured a split would be the best we could do this series, so if we get 3 of 4 that would be a big positive. Sucks to play bad on Saturdays, however. I'm assuming we have a pretty big crowd. I just checked into the game now.

Not sure what winning the pennant in 2007 has to do with passing on Longoria and taking Greg Reynolds. Stewart was in minors when that draft occurred, and O'Dowd said that he did not want to upset him, or words to that effect, making O'Dowd dumber than a rock.

There's a million bad decisions Epstein has made, but most baseball fans believe he's a very good GM because of the two World Series titles.

Reaching a World Series at least buys you another 2-3 years, no matter how bad your drafting history is.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 03:11 AM)
Brantley2-run triple, 3-2 KC lead, with 2 outs.

Kipnis K. Royals win.

At this stage, I don't really hate the Royals anymore. I decided in the offseason to have low expectations for this Sox team. If we can't win it, Royals might as well give the people around here something to follow for the first time in, oh, 25 years.