Sox vs Rangers game thread 5/2/13

QUOTE (Jake @ May 3, 2013 -> 02:17 AM)
We clearly need something like a 25 year old Frank Thomas or three to show that we're going in the right direction.

The pitching looks promising, but holy cow are there a lot of potential holes on offense heading into next season (C, 1B, 2B, CF)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 2, 2013 -> 07:17 PM)
He still could have been stretched out in the spring and moved to the pen in April.

Yes, definitely.

Most of us were calling for Santiago to start since the end of last season.

Of course, we didn't have a lot of faith and confidence that Axelrod would be more than serviceable, but actually one of our better, more reliable starters.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
The pitching looks promising, but holy cow are there a lot of potential holes on offense heading into next season (C, 1B, 2B, CF)

Dayan can play a pretty big role in how our offense looks going forward. Have to hope he can take that mantle at 1B, or at least hit like a 1Bman while he plays LF.

I'm not about to give up on ADA either.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Baron @ May 3, 2013 -> 02:22 AM)
Kepp is just brutal to watch...

People keep talking about his babip, but it's hard to take comfort in that when his outs are so weak. I wonder if he came into camp way out of shape due to his leg injury during the offseason.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)
People keep talking about his babip, but it's hard to take comfort in that when his outs are so weak. I wonder if he came into camp way out of shape due to his leg injury during the offseason.

Thats a very good point

Unclear if he's even healthy right now. I would be shocked if he didn't start seeing some bench when Gordon returns.

People keep talking about his babip, but it's hard to take comfort in that when his outs are so weak.

That's why I hate that stat.

Kepp is going to be a bench player when Beckham gets back. Maybe start once or twice a week.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2013 -> 07:20 PM)

DH, as well.

Not that Dunn won't be around.

And you're assuming that Gillaspie will still be a productive starter and Ramirez will be around, as well.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 2, 2013 -> 07:22 PM)
Dayan can play a pretty big role in how our offense looks going forward. Have to hope he can take that mantle at 1B, or at least hit like a 1Bman while he plays LF.

I'm not about to give up on ADA either.

No choice if none of our minor leaguers are ready.

Unless we want to go out and "buy high" again for another outfielder when Keppinger's already proving the lunacy of acquiring a journeyman player in his 30's coming off a career year who was perfectly utilized by the smartest manager in the game.

Babip in my mind is a dumb stat. Keppinger was put in positions to succeed as that is a Tampa focus. The white sox plug guys in and off they go. When was the last time they ever had a platoon situation?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 2, 2013 -> 08:28 PM)
I am fine with Santiago in the rotation...........I do not miss Floyd at all.

Thing with Floyd is he could start off great. But after a hit or two in a row and he just implodes. Its just so predictable.