KC vs Sox game thread

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 6, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)
I hope his persistence in starting Keppinger and hitting him 2nd finally starts to pay off. Because I'm so f***ing sick of that guy already.

If Kepp played Beckham style defense, that game would've been over in the 9th.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 6, 2013 -> 12:42 PM)
If Kepp played Beckham style defense, that game would've been over in the 9th.

Beckham wasn't his usual reliable self in the week before he got hurt either. Hell, Keppinger has a higher fielding %age right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2013 -> 12:13 PM)
Beckham wasn't his usual reliable self in the week before he got hurt either. Hell, Keppinger has a higher fielding %age right now.

Kepp and Greene have been absolutely horrible at 2nd base.

HUGE GAME.

Royals have won 7/8 and 13/17 in Kansas City.

They're largely responsible for knocking us out of the playoffs in 2012.

If Shields beats our ace in Sale, they're sending a message to all of baseball they're going to be a force to contend with (especially at home) all season long.

Likewise, a Sox loss puts us 7 GB and in serious jeopardy of the entire season going south with Harvey looming tmrw night...licking his lips simply savoring the chance to face one of the worst offenses in MLB.

A buzz is starting to emerge around the Royals. They had six different media outlets at a game last night for the first time in ages. The Chiefs are terrible...and fans are starting to believe in them.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2013 -> 02:00 PM)
If Shields beats our ace in Sale, they're sending a message to all of baseball they're going to be a force to contend with (especially at home) all season long.

:lolhitting

The Royals could win today, send this huge message, and then go on a 10 game losing skid and no one would think anything about this game.

I really just want to see the Sox start playing good baseball. If they pitch well, play solid D and get some timely hits but still lose, I can live with it. Watching them beat themselves is gut-wrenching. To me, that's what makes fans turn away....how they lose.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2013 -> 12:05 PM)
:lolhitting

The Royals could win today, send this huge message, and then go on a 10 game losing skid and no one would think anything about this game.

I'll make you a bet right now. If the Royals win this game, they go on to finish at least 5 games over .500 and in 2nd place in the AL Central this season.

Care to wager?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2013 -> 02:11 PM)
I'll make you a bet right now. If the Royals win this game, they go on to finish at least 5 games over .500 and in 2nd place in the AL Central this season.

Care to wager?

LOL, they could lose this game and still do that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2013 -> 12:12 PM)
LOL, they could lose this game and still do that.

You're evading the question.

You said they could easily lose 10 games in a row. (That happened last year, at home, in April).

I don't believe it will.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2013 -> 06:11 PM)
If the Royals win this game, they go on to finish at least 5 games over .500 and in 2nd place in the AL Central this season.

Why would a game against one of the worst teams in the AL with an injured roster matter so much for the rest of the year? It's not like they have some awful pitcher going for them either.