Jays @ Sox

Heads22

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to Robin, but it seems to me even with the defensive miscues, we decided to give them this game by putting in that new pitcher I've never heard of in the 10th inning. Why just give ANOTHER game away?? Ridiculous. It's almost like this game was fixed.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 10:21 PM)
If Reinsdorf was still holding out hope to salvage this season, it has officially ended tonight.

And there were 20,700 witnesses who will remember this game for a long time.

I'm glad this game happened. Typically these games that almost summarize the season and convince most of our fate have occurred in September. You need this pitiful effort to sober up and realize, even if it is "just one game," we're not going anywhere.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 04:29 AM)
No offense to Robin, but it seems to me even with the defensive miscues, we decided to give them this game by putting in that new pitcher I've never heard of in the 10th inning. Why just give ANOTHER game away?? Ridiculous. It's almost like this game was fixed.

They've used Crain and Lindstrom a lot of late because this team doesn't understand the meaning of building on a lead.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 10:29 PM)

Those were all the pitchers we had. It was him or Deunte Heath left. We've played only close games lately, everybody was/is burned.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 03:30 AM)
They've used Crain and Lindstrom a lot of late because this team doesn't understand the meaning of building on a lead.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 03:32 AM)
Those were all the pitchers we had. It was him or Deunte Heath left. We've played only close games lately, everybody was/is burned.

Fair enough, but I'd have rather seen, gulp, Mr. Light-Me-Up himself, Matt Thornton over a guy I've never heard of.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 03:34 AM)
The first pitch of this game that I watched was the 1-2 to Jose Bautista.

Same with me. I'm at work and that's when I clicked my mlb.com to start watching.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
Fair enough, but I'd have rather seen, gulp, Mr. Light-Me-Up himself, Matt Thornton over a guy I've never heard of.

Greg, they'd already used him earlier.

He almost blew the game himself, but miraculously got out of it...and preserved the lead.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 03:41 AM)
Greg, they'd already used him earlier.

He almost blew the game himself, but miraculously got out of it...and preserved the lead.

Oh, I never even thought of that. I didn't check the box score. I started watching pretty late.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 10:34 PM)
We need Crain fresh for the Yankees playoff run.

His value needs to be optimized, since winning games are no longer a priority. If that means putting him in for one out against a team's #9 hitter let it be.