White Sox 6/12 game postponed

cabiness42

Hypothetically, if there weren't going to be severe storms and tornadoes all over the place tonight, Esmil Rogers and Chris Sale would face off in the last game of the season between the two teams.

Rest of the hypothetical lineups to follow later.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 07:19 PM)
Hypothetically, if there weren't going to be severe storms and tornadoes all over the place tonight, Esmil Rogers and Chris Sale would face off in the last game of the season between the two teams.

Rest of the hypothetical lineups to follow later.

You are just guessing

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 01:44 PM)
Meh.

Of course on a Sale day.

In a competitive season, that would be a bad thing. But this year, there is nothing wrong with Mother Nature postponing a couple of his starts. giving his arm extra rest.

When is this weather supposed to start?

The Cubs are playing right now.

They will probably get their game in before the weather gets there, but anybody with a sizable drive home might want to consider leaving early.

People have been threatening me about The Day After Tomorrow since I arrived at work this morning, and it was supposed to have been here since before noon. I think I've counted 3 separate raindrops all day. I'm currently looking out the window at the sun shining.

I'm a big fan of stormy weather, so I wouldn't mind it- but for everyone else's sake, hopefully it misses. These people are right about on the verge of building a bomb shelter for a little weather...

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 09:49 PM)
The forecast is bad enough, but I am certain the conflict with Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals and its potential effect on the gate helped make this an even easier decision.

Last thing they wanted is fans leaving for the game around 5PM today with the prediction of horrendous storms.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 05:10 PM)
Last thing they wanted is fans leaving for the game around 5PM today with the prediction of horrendous storms.

Yes. Obvioisly many with tickets wouldn't have come if it was a perfect day because of the Hawks, but they aren't calling it because of that. Make up date crowds tend to be weak as well, and I think the attendance people here really overestimate walk up sales. I think 2500 is the biggest walk up crowd of the past 2 years. Most of the tickets the Sox are going to sell, they have sold.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
They will probably get their game in before the weather gets there, but anybody with a sizable drive home might want to consider leaving early.

Tribune radar seems to show these storms to be fast movers.Probably clear the 'cell around 7:30 PM.What was the rain forecast and winds?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)
What's the weather like there now at game time?

Doesn't look like any of the cells have hit the Cell directly yet, raining for the last hour plus, severe stuff everywhere around, heavy lightning. Tornado was on the ground near Joliet earlier. Just getting started. Stadium would have been emptied due to lightning if there were people there.