The Sox/Twins Non-Sweep Aspirational Thread

Joxer_Daly

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
What if I told you that the White Sox losing is better than the White Sox winning? We're 4 behind the Astros for worst record in the league.

Worst record in the league doesn't do anything unless it's worst record in the majors. 8 games behind the Marlins and they simply aren't going to, errr, win that battle.

Worst record in the league doesn't do anything unless it's worst record in the majors. 8 games behind the Marlins and they simply aren't going to, errr, win that battle.

#2 draft pick is still better than #3 draft pick, although I don't want the Sox to suck too much, especially not the players we're looking to trade.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 10:35 AM)

You can just bet that after they "sell off" some of their pieces the Sox will play just well enough to lift themselves out of a top draft slot and wind up drafting around 12 - 15

Yeah this SOX team is done. Time to look forward to future. Sorta sad but I think we'll be better in the long run. I am going to a couple of games to see some of my favorite players play but that's about it at this point.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
What if I told you that the White Sox losing is better than the White Sox winning? We're 4 behind the Astros for worst record in the league.

To people who repeat the same thing over and over about the Sox losing being the way to go and how we should be happy about it. ...

a.) Yes we understand the worst record you have, the greater chances are of getting an impact player in the draft.

b.) Some of us frankly don't care about the draft as long as baseball has a system in which it takes a long time usually for draftees to make it to the bigs, unlike basketball and football.

In other words, please let us root for the Sox to win if we like to live in the present and win games. You may think we're stupid, but some of us don't give a flying f*** about the draft compared to winning baseball games and not being an embarrassment of a team on a daily basis.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 07:55 PM)
Also, Danks has given up four homeruns today.

If he pitched a full year, he'd likely lead the AL in HR allowed. It's going to be a very, very long comeback for Danks to become even an average pitcher.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 07:56 PM)
In other words, please let us root for the Sox to win if we like to live in the present and win games. You may think we're stupid, but some of us don't give a flying f*** about the draft compared to winning baseball games and not being an embarrassment of a team on a daily basis.

I sure would have liked to have the chance to take Appel, Gray or Bryant this year compared to Tim Anderson. I have high hopes for Anderson, but the top 3 in the draft had unreal talent. The Sox organization needs a significant upgrade in talent, and if losing an extra couple of games this year gives them a better opportunity to acquire it, then lose away. If you think a team winning 66 games compared to 72 games is going to make any difference with attendance, then you don't understand this fan base.

Edited by fathom