2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
I'm really hoping for an Original Six final, best of all would be Montreal and the Hawks.

I've got the Rangers coming out of the east for some time now, it just feels like their year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2014 -> 02:21 PM)
I hope you can find the last minute of the game somewhere so you can watch it. The last 20-30 seconds was INSANE.

I'll check NHL.com.

Also, annoyed how little Katie Baker has written this year in the playoffs. I loved every one of her articles last summer's playoffs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2014 -> 05:34 AM)
And????? I can't handle the suspense!

Ducks won, so game 1 is actually Friday night at 11:00pm CDT

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks 32m

Quenneville says on WGN 720 he expects Shaw to play at some point in Western Conference final. Shaw expected to skate today or tomorrow.

This may or may not mean Shaw had a leg amputated.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 15, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
Also, Lucic is a clown. There's zero defending his antics in line.

This doesnt work for you?

You know what? Good.

About time someone broke the "sanctity" of the handshake line. Hockey's high-horse over how WE BEAT EACH OTHER UP FOR SEVEN GAMES AND THEN SHOW ULTIMATE RESPECT BY SHAKING HANDS is so ****ing obnoxious.

I don't respect the Montreal Canadiens. I don't respect Dale Weise, Emelin, or Subban. Their play this series just confirms that they're a bunch of babies.

I also don't like the idea of the Bruins accepting this loss without doing something about it. I'd have found it very cathartic if Lucic just dropped that Hab player with a stiff right cross when he extended his hand. Of course, punching someone in a handshake line probably runs you a 20 game suspension to start the next year, so at least he kept his cool.

If I'm a hockey coach after a tough series like that against an opponent who I have zero respect for, I don't even send my players up there to shake their hands. **** them, and all the old people who think sportsmanship is a virtue in 2014.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 15, 2014 -> 03:23 PM)
Ducks won, so game 1 is actually Friday night at 11:00pm CDT

This may or may not mean Shaw had a leg amputated.

Hahaha

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 15, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)
Ridiculous.

Montador.

Their entire board (almost) is all about how the handshake line is dumb (they loved it against Van) and how the Bruins are so competitive its ok to fight. Oh and the Habs are whiney little babies.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 15, 2014 -> 11:15 AM)
So do we think the start times for the WCF's are going to still be 8:30ish or are we thinking 9 or 9:30 when they're in Anaheim/LA?

Last year in LA they started at 8:00 CT, so I imagine the same would happen this year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2014 -> 11:20 AM)
Last year in LA they started at 8:00 CT, so I imagine the same would happen this year.

Yup, especially with no other series to compete with on the same night for TV (in theory).