2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 10:54 AM)
Committed Indians

Ray Emery to Philly, Alfredsson to Detroit

Good luck to Emery in the city where goalies go to die.

It's weird seeing Detroit make moves then realizing it doesn't really affect the Hawks anymore.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
It's weird seeing Detroit make moves then realizing it doesn't really affect the Hawks anymore.

Until I read your post I forgot Detroit went to the Eastern Conference..............this will be a hard habit to break.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
@2ndCityHockey

2 years for Rozsival. A solid contributor last year. A nice stop gap until the kids are ready to take over

I love the avatar and I love these two signings.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
He was struggling a bit and Boston targeted him in game 4 & 6, so Q kept him off the ice. Kid is still only 22 so I'm not too concerned. He's so good moving the puck and at that number you can keep him around and figure out exactly what you have in him.

Oh, I love Leddy, I'm not worried skill wise, I just mean I hope this isn't a sign that Q may not like Leddy as much as we do, and he continues to see 10 mins or less on the ice.

Horton to Columbus. Ribeiro to Coyotes, Ference to Oilers, Alfredsson and Weiss to Red Wings. Flippula to Lightning . Clarkson supposedly to Leafs. Any rumors about anyone the Hawks might sign or how much cap space they now have after resigning Handzus and Rosvizal ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 02:14 PM)
Bergeron to Columbus. Ribeiro to Coyotes, Ference to Oilers, Alfredsson and Weiss to Red Wings. Flippula to Lightning .Any rumors about anyone the Hawks might sign or how much cap space they now have after resigning Handzus and Rosvizal ?

Horton

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
Did the Bruins just break up pretty much their whole Finals team?

Horton didnt want to play in a big market.

Seguin being moved might come back to haunt them in a couple of years but I dont see it hurting them next year. Plus really a cap casualty.

Ference wasnt going to be brought back for what he was going to get. Especially with 3 young guys ready to take over.

The rest of the core is still there. Just need to find someone to play with on the Lucic/Krejci line. It'll be funny if they end up with Iginla. I'm guessing Eriksson will be with Bergeron and Marchand.

The more things change, the more they stay the same with the NHL. Some of these contracts are real head scratchers. It wasnt the greatest of FA classes but that doesnt mean you have to go crazy just to fill out your roster.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 02:12 PM)
Oh, I love Leddy, I'm not worried skill wise, I just mean I hope this isn't a sign that Q may not like Leddy as much as we do, and he continues to see 10 mins or less on the ice.

If it was the entire playoffs I would be concerned, but it was just the road games in the Stanley Cup Finals, season on the line, he just wasn't feeling it. Did the same thing to Seabrook earlier in the playoffs.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
Bobby Ryan to the Sens...interesting.

Anaheim gave Perry & Getzlaf the money and let Ryan be the casualty. That was quite the line when together.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 06:27 PM)
An Ottawa/Detroit series in next year's playoffs would be so awkward.

It seem like it's been a pretty big deal in Ottawa that he left. He went to Detroit "to win a Cup" so it would be awesome if Ottawa eliminated them.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 11:34 PM)
I actually like it for exactly what it is, a 20 game backup that should be rather consistent.

Don't understand any of the hate....

I don't hate it but it kind of confuses me. They pick up this potential stud from Sweden on a 1 year deal, then sign Bulin. It seems like they are wasting that 1 year deal

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
I don't hate it but it kind of confuses me. They pick up this potential stud from Sweden on a 1 year deal, then sign Bulin. It seems like they are wasting that 1 year deal

It's still entry-level which means that he becomes an RFA, which means we are likely to retain him. If a team offers him much salary as an RFA and we lose him, we get their first and third round picks.