2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
I don't hate it but it kind of confuses me. They pick up this potential stud from Sweden on a 1 year deal, then sign Bulin. It seems like they are wasting that 1 year deal

If Bulin sucks, he can be dumped, and they still have the kid they just signed. If they go without a vet back up,. and the kid isn't ready, the team could be really hurt. I think of it as one more option.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets worse. Here is the little dick standing on the Hawks logo. (And I think Belushi lifting the Cup over his head is irritating the other crowd just as much, if not more though. That was awful.)

Fuck_Bieber.jpeg

Edited by SoxAce

So much fauxtrage!

OMG HES ON A FLOOR THAT HAS A PICTURE!!!

OMG A CANADIAN BOY IS A FAN OF HOCKEY!!

ROAR ROAR ROAR

Im going to chalk this up to first world problems. If you have time to b**** about who is touching the Stanley Cup your team just won, maybe you should re-think your priorities in life.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
Committed Indians

Tuukka Rask gets EIGHT YEARS and $56 MILLION from Boston ($7M cap hit). Somewhere, Corey Crawford agent just had a hockeygasm...

No way in hell Bowman gives Crawford a similar contract.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 03:35 PM)
Who the f*** cares that Bieber was near the Cup.

He's a Leafs fan, and we all know no Leafs fan deserves to be anywhere near the Cup nowadays :lol:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 04:34 PM)
No way in hell Bowman gives Crawford a similar contract.

Not while Scotty is on staff, he of the "build a great team, we'll figure out the goalie situation as we go and not pay top dollar for one" mentality. Which, obviously, has worked for him in many different places. And it's already worked here twice.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
So much fauxtrage!

ROAR ROAR ROAR

Im going to chalk this up to first world problems. If you have time to b**** about who is touching the Stanley Cup your team just won, maybe you should re-think your priorities in life.

Someone is a closet Belieber.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
So much fauxtrage!

ROAR ROAR ROAR

First of all I'm not outraged, should preface the rest of my post with that.

I don't know how many people are mad he was with the Cup, but it's stupid if they are. I mean, f***ing Jim Belushi was on the ice hoisting it, should be way more outraged about that. I would assume anyone that comes through the UC would get a photo with it.

I think more of the outrage is because he's standing on the logo. What's funny is Blunk and Faber are standing right there and probably didn't have the balls to say anything, even though they go crazy on any media member who even comes close to it. And half the time they partition it off with velvet ropes. I also have no doubt Bieber had no idea that was against any sort of rule/tradition.

Also, it's not just "fans" b****ing about it, Shaw took to twitter, etc.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 04:56 PM)
Someone is a closet Belieber.

I couldnt care less who touches the cup. Thousands of drunk people in chicago already have.

I would have punted him off the logo. Anyone for that matter if I was one of the hawks org.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)
First of all I'm not outraged, should preface the rest of my post with that.

I don't know how many people are mad he was with the Cup, but it's stupid if they are. I mean, f***ing Jim Belushi was on the ice hoisting it, should be way more outraged about that. I would assume anyone that comes through the UC would get a photo with it.

I think more of the outrage is because he's standing on the logo. What's funny is Blunk and Faber are standing right there and probably didn't have the balls to say anything, even though they go crazy on any media member who even comes close to it. And half the time they partition it off with velvet ropes. I also have no doubt Bieber had no idea that was against any sort of rule/tradition.

Also, it's not just "fans" b****ing about it, Shaw took to twitter, etc.

The Belushi thing was so f***in stupid, how was that allowed to happen?

And trust me, I get the fact that you're not supposed to step on the logo but why put it on the floor in that case?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 05:09 PM)
The Belushi thing was so f***in stupid, how was that allowed to happen?

And trust me, I get the fact that you're not supposed to step on the logo but why put it on the floor in that case?

You could tell some players were irked by it, especially him hoisting it. I do believe in the "if you didn't win it, don't hoist it" mentality. I have no idea how it was allowed to happen.

I get the whole thing too being a hockey guy...and would buy into it if on the team, etc...but then why have a giant logo on the floor? It's one thing if it was already there, and then you decided hey, let's not mark it up and have it look like s*** (this would be the best reason), or just be superstitious about it, fine. But to purposely build it in, make it pretty big, and right in the middle? Even I have to say it's a bit odd. They are far from the only team to do it, but it's a valid point.

They said on the radio that they told him to get the f*** off the logo and he was apologetic. I just don't see the reason to give this butthole the star treatment. He has no connection to Chicago.

I could see why Terrell Owens was trucked during his Dallas Star episode, his intent was obvious- but people who claim to take offense and are feigning outrage about a kid stepping on a patch of carpet that has a logo drawn on it in a locker room...?

Really? That's an entirely new level of clowndom. There are probably sacred patches of carpeting in the Vatican that get stepped on but don't generate a fraction of the response this is getting.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft