Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 05:52 PM)
Konerko is on his last legs anyways

I know that, but I don't see a platoon of Dunn and Konerko going on for final two months of the season, that is not fair to either player. And you have to give all the ABs at 1B to Adams.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 05:46 PM)
Interesting...if that is true, it shows that we really aren't looking at a long rebuilding process here

Definitely would appear that way. Not sure if I like Freese as a centerpiece though. He's already 30 years old and only has 3 more years of team control (all arbitration years). If Hahn were to make this trade, he better be planning to be a big player in free agency. These two and Cano would fill a lot of needs :D

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)
Definitely would appear that way. Not sure if I like Freese as a centerpiece though. He's already 30 years old and only has 3 more years of team control (all arbitration years). If Hahn were to make this trade, he better be planning to be a big player in free agency. These two and Cano would fill a lot of needs

Adams would be the centerpiece, no?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 04:51 PM)
What are your thoughts on Freese? I didn't realize he was 30 already.

The problem with trading Freese is his local popularity and his clubhouse leadership. It would probably be a PR nightmare.

Also, as someone said above, that would be a lot of disruption to the current lineup. If I was the GM, I would be happy to substitute Valera or Piscotty (both mentioned above) or Patrick Wisdom, a 3B from the 2012 draft.

I guess we know now that the clubs are talking/negotiating.

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 03:58 PM)
The problem with trading Freese is his local popularity and his clubhouse leadership. It would probably be a PR nightmare.

Also, as someone said above, that would be a lot of disruption to the current lineup. If I was the GM, I would be happy to substitute Valera or Piscotty (both mentioned above) or Patrick Wisdom, a 3B from the 2012 draft.

I guess we know now that the clubs are talking/negotiating.

Yeah, we know how that goes (Buehrle/Konerko).

I'm sure Hahn wants this 3b black hole to be filled somehow though.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 06:00 PM)
Yeah, we know how that goes (Buehrle/Konerko).

I'm sure Hahn wants this 3b black hole to be filled somehow though.

Get Wong and Adams from STL, trade a reliever for Middlebrooks from BOS, and you have the makings of a good looking INF with lots of potential.

1B - Adams

2B - Wong

3B - Gillaspie/Middlebrooks (I think worst case you have yourself a platoon that could more than suffice)

SS - Beckham (The biggest question mark defensively, however I think he can make all the routine plays and be a leader of the INF)

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 06:04 PM)
I don't get the Wong love. Unless he's some sort of defensive wizard, I don't see how he's much of an improvement over Semien.

Much more of a sure bet at this point. Their ceilings aren't entirely different.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 06:04 PM)
I don't get the Wong love. Unless he's some sort of defensive wizard, I don't see how he's much of an improvement over Semien.

He's an advanced hitter known for having very good baseball instincts and IQ. He might not be a superstar in the making, but he seems to be a safe bet to be a solid contributor for several years, and potentially even better than that.

Semien is nice and all, especially with his K:BB, but from the sounds of it Wong has much more potential with the stick. Also, I find it funny we are talking about a Wong and Semien.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 04:02 PM)
I'd be tickled s***less about that trade. I'd feel the same way about Wong/Adams/Kelly, which might be easier to swing with the StL fanbase

Who wouldn't ? We get rid of 2 guys over 30, a whole lot of salary, get younger and a big middle of the lineup bat. I think if both Lexi and PV go to the Cards ,Sox will include money and also a prospect if need be to get it done. Absolutely have to have Adams . Everyone else is secondary. This happens I don't care who else is traded. This is the one like Neo was The One.

Now because of this rumor, I am going to be extremely disappointed if the White Sox do not wind up getting Adams. I never thought for a minute that Adams would be available, but now the small hope I had has blown up into an all out Adams or bust mentality.

Edited by Paulstar

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 06:11 PM)
He's an advanced hitter known for having very good baseball instincts and IQ. He might not be a superstar in the making, but he seems to be a safe bet to be a solid contributor for several years, and potentially even better than that.

Semien is nice and all, especially with his K:BB, but from the sounds of it Wong has much more potential with the stick. Also, I find it funny we are talking about a Wong and Semien.

I guess I don't see it when I look at their stats. Wong put up a .754 OPS in AA last year and while his .824 OPS this year is nice, it's also inflated by playing in the Pacific Coast League. I think Semien's numbers are more impressive but what do I know.

I'm not necessarily against acquiring Wong, I'm just not sure getting him is the best use of our assets when we we'll have Semien & Sanchez in AAA to start next season. If he could play SS it would be a different story.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 04:31 PM)
Adams strike anyone else as someone who's going to battle weight issues?

I can't think of any major leaguers who couldn't control their weight well enough to hurt themselves considering they have a whole training staff dedicated to keeping them healthy and the whole " I can make millions of $ if I don't stuff my face " thing going for them. We hear about Fielder and Cabrera , know how big Cecil Fielder got, see ST pics of Cabrera looking fat and yet they produce year after year.

So you're just going to worry about a perceived problem with a guy now ?