7/9 Sox vs Kitties

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
I saw Verlander go up against Darvish in the beginning of year. His velocity was way down and he was throwing a ton of change ups. It doesn't look like that's changed. I think his arm is ouchie. I wouldn't want him being my number 1 starter in the playoffs.

He's obviously got something going on. His stuff is so good that he's still a good pitcher, but that contract may look horrible in a couple years

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 01:57 AM)
He's obviously got something going on. His stuff is so good that he's still a good pitcher, but that contract may look horrible in a couple years

You could see Scherzer passing him up last year with regards to stuff/command

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 08:57 PM)

I think the Tigers are going to be in a real tough payroll situation soon. Franchise crippling. They better pray they win it all this year.

Both of those homers were off fastballs.

Verlander's still not right. The Tigers announcers claimed that he was comfortably throwing for most of his last start in the mid 90's, but he was mostly 91 and 92 except for when he was facing Adam Dunn and he put up 94 and 96.

Even saw a couple of FB's come in at 89.

Scherzer has definitely passed him for now. If Verlander's not 100%, the Tigers become a bit vulnerable to the Indians and Royals.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
Phegley sucks. 3/14

we want Flowers!!!

But what's his OPS?

Viciedo is alive again, Rios is alive again for a trade and Quintana is proving something AGAIN vs. a very formidable Tigers' line-up.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)
Hey all you playoff contenders out there. This RF who went 5-5 with 2 SBs is very available. Best offer wins.

Best offer who isnt giving us a bunch of mediocre prospects wins

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 08:05 PM)
We should try to get Alburquerque AND Garcia/Dirks for Crain and Thornton (Coke has been spotty too, with Smyly probably their best overall performer behind Scherzer and Sanchez)...

I don't see the Tigers moving Al Al, as he's a bullpen arm.