Fantasy football advice thread

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 09:10 AM)
So I have to decide on a WR2 and a QB2 this week and not sure what to do. Decker or Shorts at WR? Ryan (@ Buf), Keenum (NE) or Fitzpatrick (@ IND) for 2nd QB? It's a 6 point for TD pass and also PPR if that matters

i hope you didnt listen to me and played decker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 10:41 PM)
Came into this week 8-4 with sole possession of 2nd place. Teams in 3-5 are all of 7-5 and all should win.

I FLEXed Nate Burleson over Ben Tate and Stephen Jackson. Burleson had 0, Tate had 28 and Jackson had 21.

So now I need Russell Wilson and Steven Huaschka to combine for 34 points or I end up losing 3 straight and choke myself out of the playoffs.

I know this will sound like hindsight is 20/20, but you should have been playing Tate, especially with the match up. I figured he could get close to 80-100 and a TD. I wouldn't have played Jackson over Burleson though.

Either way, if Burleson gets 6-8 points, you'd be sitting in a lot better position.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 11:19 PM)
Eek...not sure I want to know who played over him.

I'll tell you anyway.. :lol: I had Andre Johnson (wasn't bad at all) and Victor Cruz (meh..) over him. Had Le'Veon Bell as a flex. (monster night) Guy that really f***ed me over was Eddie Lacy... ugh.

My WRs in one league were Josh Gordon and Alshon Jeffery. In my other other they were Josh Gordon and Eric Decker. Fantasy karma has finally come back around. I'm going to score the most points this week and win the weekly (easily, as I also had Big Ben, Charles, Tate and Jimmy Graham hasn't even played yet) and squeak into the playoffs since 2 of the 3 teams ahead of me by a game lost. I'm only the 8th seed but I'm going to finish with the 3rd highest points so anything can happen in the playoffs.

In my last 3rd and last league, with friends from college, I am going to score most in the league 2nd straight week and finish 3rd in points but finish in 7th and 1 game out of the playoffs since one of the two teams ahead of me I needed to lose is going to win. Oh well, playoffs in 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Got burned badly with injuries (and benchings) all year long so I'll take this result and hope one of my playoff teams can get into the money rounds.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 09:21 AM)
Did you at least start 3 of them...?

All 4 of those were my starters. They combined for 8 td's. Plus my league is a ppr league.

I also had Roddy White and Michel Floyd on my bench. Both of those guys had pretty good games as well.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 09:24 AM)
All 4 of those were my starters. They combined for 8 td's. Plus my league is a ppr league.

I also had Roddy White and Michel Floyd on my bench. Both of those guys had pretty good games as well.

How do you have so many good WR?

I need some advice with my myriad of mediocre options to fill out my lineup.

I'm starting Antonio Brown, Eddie Lacy and Ben Tate. I need to pick 2 WR and a flex from the following...

WR

Michael Floyd vs ARI

Anquan Boldin vs SEA

Julian Edelman vs CLE

Roddy White vs GB

Dwayne Bowe vs WAS

RB

Ray Rice vs MIN

Lamar Miller vs PIT

Boldin is out unless I see a compelling reason to play him. I REALLY don't want to play either RB, but I see Ray Rice's name and still want to put him in. I'm leaning Floyd and White I think, but nothing is really set in stone.

Standard or PPR?

I'd say go Floyd for sure. Toss up between White and Edelman. PPR would probably lean Edelman a bit. The question is how much do you believe that White is back.

I'd go Rice over Miller if you had to pick a RB to use in flex. But I'd probably play your other Edelman/White option over Rice anyway. I know Minnesota sucks, but personally, I can't play Rice with confidence. He had one good game against the Bears, outside that has done basically nothing all year.

Plus, then you don't have to kick yourself when one of White/Edelman goes off, because you played them both.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 12:53 PM)
I need some advice with my myriad of mediocre options to fill out my lineup.

I'm starting Antonio Brown, Eddie Lacy and Ben Tate. I need to pick 2 WR and a flex from the following...

WR

Michael Floyd vs ARI

Anquan Boldin vs SEA

Julian Edelman vs CLE

Roddy White vs GB

Dwayne Bowe vs WAS

RB

Ray Rice vs MIN

Lamar Miller vs PIT

Boldin is out unless I see a compelling reason to play him. I REALLY don't want to play either RB, but I see Ray Rice's name and still want to put him in. I'm leaning Floyd and White I think, but nothing is really set in stone.

I'd go Floyd, Edelman and White if PPR. Might think about Miller if standard.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
Standard or PPR?

I'd say go Floyd for sure. Toss up between White and Edelman. PPR would probably lean Edelman a bit. The question is how much do you believe that White is back.

I'd go Rice over Miller if you had to pick a RB to use in flex. But I'd probably play your other Edelman/White option over Rice anyway. I know Minnesota sucks, but personally, I can't play Rice with confidence. He had one good game against the Bears, outside that has done basically nothing all year.

Plus, then you don't have to kick yourself when one of White/Edelman goes off, because you played them both.

Standard league. I don't really trust White or Rice, which is what is killing me. If Rice falls into the end zone, I'm pretty much set, but as you said, he's been SOOOOO bad.