Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

Oh man, I forgot about Egwu. Missouri is struggling with rebounding with JWIII being the only good rebounder. That's going to be a major painpoint Saturday. Damn I'm excited. Last good game before the slugfest conference games of the SEC.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 12:45 PM)
Yeah Egwu needs to start playing better offensively. I get that Groce wants these guys to drive and dish, and they're good at doing that, but Egwu needs to at least seem like an offensive threat. And he needs to learn to set legal screens. He got away with a few in the Oregon game and still had 2 offensive fouls on screens.

He's never not in foul trouble, and it's really frustrating. In the BT, throwing Morgan and Colbert to the wolves for heavy minutes isn't going to work.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)
He's one of those guys that has too much intensity. He needs to dial it back and think about the bigger aspects of his game.

BTW finals week is the worst part of the season. I hate going like 15 days with only two games.

Yeah, weird schedule. 3 games in a row go Saturday, then Saturday, then Saturday.

Guys I have to admit, the Indiana fan was right, Wisconsin has had real trouble adjusting to the new rules....

Oh wait, I was right and its helped Wisconsin.

LULZ

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketbal.../fouls-category

Wisconsin 2013 14.8 fouls per game, 2012 14.0 fouls per game.

Wisconsin 2013 ft attempts per game 22, 2012 ft attempts per game 17

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 05:28 PM)
Guys I have to admit, the Indiana fan was right, Wisconsin has had real trouble adjusting to the new rules....

LULZ

Look who is right under you. The Aaron Crafts.

LULZ

I don't care about who's right or wrong, but I'd run these after BT play, or at least half of it.

LULZ

Seems like you should be using Wisconsin's FT against if you're trying to prove that point. I have no idea what those numbers are and maybe Wisconsin hasn't been hurt there either.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 11:25 PM)
Seems like you should be using Wisconsin's FT against if you're trying to prove that point. I have no idea what those numbers are and maybe Wisconsin hasn't been hurt there either.

I said that Wisconsin would benefit from the rule change because they would get more free throws as one of the most common ways to beat them was to aggressively ride them.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 06:49 AM)
While I think this is Bo Ryans best overall team to date, I''m still in wait and see mode... The only team Wisconsin has played thus far with a pulse was Florida's JV squad.

Its fairly easy to predict how Wisconsin will be if you look at the odds.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 07:05 PM)
Just curious since I am out here and have to listen to people worshiping the team. What do you all think of Kansas? Do you think the team is a serious national title contender or a total pretender? Are you high on them or low?

As with Kentucky I'll let you know in a few months. I want to say that they are legit national title contenders because of the insane talent they have but as of right now they aren't a very good basketball team.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 12:29 AM)
This is absolutely classic. You SIU boys had to have loved this. I lost it when he politely says "bless you" after someone sneezes right in the middle of his rant.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/decemb...r-the-ages.html

Tremendous stuff. "Because I KNOW....my wife will at least shot fake...one time!"

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 01:39 AM)
Tremendous stuff. "Because I KNOW....my wife will at least shot fake...one time!"

"I swear I thought one time one of our players said 'Merry Christmas'. I thought it was a gift. They signed the package over."

"There was a sniper in the gym. Didn't you see that? We had guys falling down. We had 2 guys snipered at half court. I would have thought Navy Seal Team 6 was out there."

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 08:04 AM)
Wow, what an embarrassment.

As an SIU grad, I lean towards this. It's funny but if you're a head coach, you should set a better example to college kids. If they were pros, I'd get more of a kick out of it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)
As an SIU grad, I lean towards this. It's funny but if you're a head coach, you should set a better example to college kids. If they were pros, I'd get more of a kick out of it.

Funny things happen when you see your job going down the drain.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)

The program has been an absolute embarrassment for years now so whatever. Barry has also done this kind of stuff forever, maybe not to this extent but he's been a character forever. That being said, he's also known as one of the better guys around and a great ambassador for the sport and Valley. I'm not going to be embarrassed about him trying to give the team a kick in the ass, I am embarrassed at the continued horrendous play on the court with no sign of that changing.