9/23 vs Blue Jays

flavum

De Aza CF Ramirez SS Keppinger DH Konerko 1B Garcia RF Viciedo LF Beckham 2B Semien 3B Phegley C

4 losses this week for the 3rd pick, or 3 losses and 1 win from the Cubs and Twins...we can count on them for one win hopefully.

Final starting pitching is set:

Tonight: Quintana

Indians: Santiago, Axelrod

Royals: Rienzo, Sale, Johnson, Quintana

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)
It sucks Phegley isn't good.

Sucks even more that we had to find out. If Beckham, Tank n Flowers were all good instead of total busts we'd be talking a decade of title contention instead of talking about signing McCann to be the prettiest piece of s*** in the catching toilet next year

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 02:51 AM)
One thing that seems pretty obvious is the Sox need a new starting catcher for next season.

Amen, brother. I'd never have thought Phegs couldn't hit. I liked everything about him. Then reality set in. Flowers reminds me of the bad Brian Anderson. One of the worst hitters in Sox lore. I'd keep Phegs as backup for next year, though. Sign AJ or McCann or somebody and back him up with Phegley, give him a final chance.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 03:02 AM)
Sucks even more that we had to find out. If Beckham, Tank n Flowers were all good instead of total busts we'd be talking a decade of title contention instead of talking about signing McCann to be the prettiest piece of s*** in the catching toilet next year

Yep. Tank has been such a disappointment. Flowers a bust and Beckham a bust. I wonder if KC would send us Giovatella for Beckham in a change of scenery/last chance trade of both busts.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 10:27 PM)
Rooting for the Indians over KC? That's cruel.

I enjoy spending the whole offseason hearing about how this is the year for KC and their stud young prospects, only to see them not make the playoffs for the 28th consecutive season.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 11:44 PM)
I enjoy spending the whole offseason hearing about how this is the year for KC and their stud young prospects, only to see them not make the playoffs for the 28th consecutive season.

I'm going to dislike it this year because people are going to use them as a reason why the White Sox shouldn't try competing until 2017.