College Life Catch-All

Texsox

I am a big fan of http://www.easybib.com/ yes, I can do my own citations, but this usually makes it easier and will be even better when more people use it and more citations are added.

I also enjoy living in a college town for cheap entertainment, cheap beer, and a certain vibe you can't get anywhere else.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy bib is fantastic.

But what isn't fantastic is forgetting your online class started and missing the first 2 weeks worth of assignments. Thank god this is the first ever class I have taken that isn't required to graduate, but it's going to kill my GPA considering I am only taking 12 credits in this, my final semester.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 01:20 AM)
Seeing this thread makes my heart hurt.

I miss college. :(

More than anything, I miss college. If I could go back and do an undergrad program again without racking up $100,000 worth or debt, I so totally would do it in a second.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)
Don't miss college? Ugh. I'd give my right nut to go back and do it all over again. Hardly any responsibility, hanging out with friends 24/7, being high or drunk 24/7, young co-eds, etc. etc.

That could lead to some awkward moments.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
Zotero.

Zotero.

You will forget EasyBib as mere child's play.

I used it a couple years ago and it seemed much better for on line sources but mine are almost all print journals. Has it gotten better?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)
Don't miss college? Ugh. I'd give my right nut to go back and do it all over again. Hardly any responsibility, hanging out with friends 24/7, being high or drunk 24/7, young co-eds, etc. etc.

It depends on what you major in.

I was usually drowning in school work.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 05:12 PM)

Yeah for real. Being a journalism and t-comm major, there is always the stress of finding a new story to cover for either the newspaper or tv show. It's way too stressful which is why I want nothing to do with this major when I am done with it. I'll do sports radio like I did at my internship this summer, but f*** being a reporter or a news anchor.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 05:12 PM)

Yeah engineering definitely kept me busy. The worst was second semester senior year when my friends did nothing and I had a final design project to work on all semester.

I wouldn't say I really miss college. I had a blast and lived it up, but I am also pretty happy with life right now. (Even with the responsibility and mortgages) That was then, this is now, different expectations and wants in life.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 10:12 PM)
How's the dating, pick-up scene in college these days? Are the women easy to pick-up if that's your thing? Or are we in a generation of more responsible behavior, i.e., not as much sex?

I've been out of school for 3 years but if you're not getting laid, you're not trying.

I'd say it varies greatly by school and social activities. I'd say alcohol consumption and being laid are very well correlated, though - even if they aren't always happening simultaneously. Being drunk is the ultimate icebreaker

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 06:15 PM)
I think once some of you guys sort of find your way in your chosen professions and settle into your adult lives a little you won't miss college quite as much...

I still love the classroom, which is why I went back. And after my M.A. I will either audit classes or find a PhD program that works within my schedule.

Lived on campus in a dorm for 2 years and I hated it. Couldn't stand all the immature people and also sharing a room with someone that I didn't really know. And was total opposite of how I was so we had nothing to talk about. I now live off campus in an apartment with my girlfriend and I like it a lot more.