jersey numbers

brian310

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)
You live through the Frank Thomas era, and never heard of Charley Lau?

Nope, at least I don't remember hearing about him. I was young when Frank first showed up, so I don't know if I really paid attention to that kinda stuff. Definitely remember hearing about Hriniak though.

QUOTE (RegionSox @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:47 PM)
Oh i agree. A basketball coach in shorts and a tank top would be awful. But it's still kind of silly to have the baseball managers do it.

With the history of baseball, it would be really odd to see a guy in a suit and tie going out to switch pitchers.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:36 PM)
Nope, at least I don't remember hearing about him. I was young when Frank first showed up, so I don't know if I really paid attention to that kinda stuff. Definitely remember hearing about Hriniak though.

Hriniak is 100% a product of Lau. Hriniak doesn't exist without that connection.

QUOTE (RegionSox @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
I always wondered why baseball makes the manager and coaches wear the uniforms. You don't have that in any other sport.

Baseball is the only sport where the coaches and manager enter the field of play. How ridiculous would the 1st and 3rd base coaches look wearing a suit?

Poor wee little Jake Elmore's gonna have to wear 38. No little infielders should be wearing pitcher numbers. Pablo Ozuna and Eduardo Escobar looked so weird wearing 38.

I'm guessing Eaton will wear 1, Semien will stay with 5, Sanchez 13, Elmore 18, Davidson 25, Thompson 26, Nieto 31, Garcia 34, Abreu 79. Does Dunn switch back to 44?

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 01:44 PM)
Poor wee little Jake Elmore's gonna have to wear 38. No little infielders should be wearing pitcher numbers. Pablo Ozuna and Eduardo Escobar looked so weird wearing 38.

I'm guessing Eaton will wear 1, Semien will stay with 5, Sanchez 13, Elmore 18, Davidson 25, Thompson 26, Nieto 31, Garcia 34, Abreu 79. Does Dunn switch back to 44?

I think 13 is going to stay dormant for a while. Isn't Carlos Sanchez's twitter carlossan29? Mitchell is assigned 29 now, but I'm sure that could be changed.

Dunn, I would think stays the same.

Scott Downs wears 37 mostly. So Thigpen may have to stick with 58.

Jose Quintana needs a new number. Sox have too many pitchers in the 60's. Those should be the coaches numbers.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
I think 13 is going to stay dormant for a while. Isn't Carlos Sanchez's twitter carlossan29? Mitchell is assigned 29 now, but I'm sure that could be changed.

Dunn, I would think stays the same.

Scott Downs wears 37 mostly. So Thigpen may have to stick with 58.

Jose Quintana needs a new number. Sox have too many pitchers in the 60's. Those should be the coaches numbers.

Quintana should just have a drawing of Quetzalcoatl on his back.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)
With the history of baseball, it would be really odd to see a guy in a suit and tie going out to switch pitchers.

I'd even have a hard time picturing a manager going out to switch pitchers in khakis and a polo. I'd think he was a trainer or something. Managers wearing uniforms is just one of those things that's always happened probably. Seeing a basketball coach wear the uniform would generally be disgusting, while seeing a football coach where all the pads would look down right hilarious. Managers wearing uniforms is just tradition and sometimes you don't mess with tradition.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)
Best selling jersey in the history of the MLB.

I don't know why you do this...you always undersell him. Every living being on the planet with legs or eyes will have one of these. Most famous clothing line in the Marianas Trench? C'mon, what do you think?

Next stop, Mars and Jupiter.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
I don't know why you do this...you always undersell him. Every living being on the planet with legs or eyes will have one of these. Most famous clothing line in the Marianas Trench? C'mon, what do you think?

Next stop, Mars and Jupiter.

Hey now, I came up with Quetzalcoatl thing, so if anything I should demand royalties ;)