2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/03/14/true-detective-meaning/

Divining meaning/intent/artistic deconstruction in the themes of True Detective, pop culture and how we tend to view modern t.v. programs.

Interesting stuff, particularly for T.D. fans. This show has been very polarizing, with a wide array of opinions on how good it actually is...what it is, and what it's not.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 08:04 AM)
What bothered you this episode? The depiction of the Thenns was a bit odd but I like that they brought their (rumored?) cannibalistic nature to the screen. I'll always prefer the books to the show in the this series, but I think GoT has done mostly a great job in the adaptation.

Also, it looks like the Purple wedding is next week, but I wonder how much of the feast they are going to get to

Its not the episode, its the whole show. It just is so much different than what I had in my mind and they gloss over so many important details. I try my best to keep it separate the best I can.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 09:44 AM)
I hate that they brought him back. So lame.

Agreed. They took the show from good to great this season, and then in 5 seconds they totally cheapened the whole thing. Terrible decision.

House of Lies - holy crap. Does anyone else watch it? I've stuck with it as it's only 25 minutes and i'm usually looking at my phone, but this season finale was awful. Cheadle's son and his entire story line has always been super lame, but they went after-school-special with that dance off. Cringe-worthy. I won't be watching any more of that show.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
Agreed. They took the show from good to great this season, and then in 5 seconds they totally cheapened the whole thing. Terrible decision.

House of Lies - holy crap. Does anyone else watch it? I've stuck with it as it's only 25 minutes and i'm usually looking at my phone, but this season finale was awful. Cheadle's son and his entire story line has always been super lame, but they went after-school-special with that dance off. Cringe-worthy. I won't be watching any more of that show.

I watched a couple when it first debuted and hated it. Tough to be bad with that cast but writers did it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
I watched a couple when it first debuted and hated it. Tough to be bad with that cast but writers did it.

This. Showtime seems to keep it around since it does have a good cast, but man, is it terrible.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)
Well done Marvel. Well done.

I think Ward is undercover for Coulson.

If so, then

is Hand dead or was that some sort of a ruse?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 10:16 PM)

With Marvel, dead is never dead. But, I think she's dead.

If she is, then I do not believe that he is undercover for Coulson. I don't think Coulson would have done that

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 10:22 PM)
If she is, then I do not believe that he is undercover for Coulson. I don't think Coulson would have done that

IIRC the team's assult was with the 'sleeper' bullets which might explain the ending.....

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 07:44 AM)

Hand was bleeding. They showed her bloody hand. And one of the guards was clearly shot in the forehead.

Exactly. I mean, it definitely could be a ruse. But if those three are dead, I dont believe that Coulson has him going undercover.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 08:52 AM)
Justified is gearing up for a major Raylan vs. Boyd showdown next season.

Yes it is, which is exactly what it should be for the final season.

Boyd Crowder is the best character on television, and it's not even close.