2014 ♪♫ Thread

Swingandalongonetoleft

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 8, 2014 -> 05:45 PM)
How long has he been playing with her? I saw her a few years ago out here.

I don't know exactly how long, but he was with her for at least a year before she went to jail. He also plays with Bernard Fowler frequently

• 1 month later...

It's already March and there's no music thread?? Am I missing something here? Thread have to be shut down?

Anyway, I present to you the Martellus Bennett mix tape.

https://soundcloud.com/martysaurusrex/1-yea...orange-dinosaur

I'm not that big into rap, well at least what I hear on the radio, but I actually think this is really solid.

After spending a couple hours and 3 whole US dollar bills, I finally got my NFC music system set up in my car. Maybe this is more of a technology thread thing, but I've got my NFC tag to....

Disable WiFi, Enable Bluetooth, Connect to Bluetooth Aux adapter, Auto-play Google Play Music

That last part was the real b****. I could get Play Music to open, just not start. After spending $3 on Tasker, and downloading random plugins and googling myself in to dead-ends, the answer was simply changing Trigger's "preferred media player". And now after all that, I've decided I don't want to use Play Music because it always finds the clean versions of all my songs, and that's annoying as hell. So after trying to stay away from filling my phone with music, I think I'm just going to say f*** it and copy all 13GB or so of my songs to my phone, and then manually update my phone with new music, which is annoying.

If anyone has a suggestion to avoid doing that, let me know.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 11:36 PM)
It's already March and there's no music thread?? Am I missing something here? Thread have to be shut down?

Anyway, I present to you the Martellus Bennett mix tape.

https://soundcloud.com/martysaurusrex/1-yea...orange-dinosaur

I'm not that big into rap, well at least what I hear on the radio, but I actually think this is really solid.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0

lack of use and it got buried

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 07:14 AM)

FYI for everyone, I didn't ever notice this until I asked and ss2k5 pointed it out, but the default display option for most of the forums here is "last 30 days." You can change that at the bottom of the page to find older threads.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 04:47 AM)
After spending a couple hours and 3 whole US dollar bills, I finally got my NFC music system set up in my car. Maybe this is more of a technology thread thing, but I've got my NFC tag to....

Disable WiFi, Enable Bluetooth, Connect to Bluetooth Aux adapter, Auto-play Google Play Music

That last part was the real b****. I could get Play Music to open, just not start. After spending $3 on Tasker, and downloading random plugins and googling myself in to dead-ends, the answer was simply changing Trigger's "preferred media player". And now after all that, I've decided I don't want to use Play Music because it always finds the clean versions of all my songs, and that's annoying as hell. So after trying to stay away from filling my phone with music, I think I'm just going to say f*** it and copy all 13GB or so of my songs to my phone, and then manually update my phone with new music, which is annoying.

If anyone has a suggestion to avoid doing that, let me know.

That's interesting actually. I wish Spotify/Google Play/etc would add a feature to remove "edit" versions from their selection. So annoying when walking around and trying to figure out the difference between to albums with same title, just different images. (By same token, you could force ONLY edit versions for stupid kids)

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
That's interesting actually. I wish Spotify/Google Play/etc would add a feature to remove "edit" versions from their selection. So annoying when walking around and trying to figure out the difference between to albums with same title, just different images. (By same token, you could force ONLY edit versions for stupid kids)

Google Play offers the ability to ONLY "scan and match" for clean versions of a song, but there is no option to NEVER use a clean version of a song. I ended up just downloading my entire 13GB library to my phone. Not happy about only having 3-4 GB left on my phone, but at least I don't have to worry about hearing clean songs, removing songs with DRM, and using my data to stream music.

Just got back from the Childish Gambino concert at the Riviera tonight. It was pretty great, but definitely a different style than Because The Internet was. He rapped every song very intensely with a heavy rock show feel. He had a full band and everything hit super hard. If you watched videos from the concert on mute, you would have thought it was a rock show. He played almost the entire CD and then did about 10 songs from his other stuff. A few off Camp, a couple off Royalty, a couple off Culdesac, and then him and Chance the Rapper did a 6 minute freestyle.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 12:41 PM)
Any hear anything about Neil Young's new device called PONO? Apparently its like an MP3 player but with much higher sound quality.

Website

Pitchfork Article

I read about this yesterday. I'm not an audiophile, but I always found it kind of curious that people would throw money at high end headphones which they then use with their iPod. I know Apple has a lossless format, but how many people walking around with Beats headphones know or care? My guess is not many.

I'm interested to see how this does.

That is hugely overstated, just because you'll have compressed audio doesn't mean better head phones won't make it sound much better than a $20 pair of sony ear buds.

Beside better base and texture, the higher end headphones help dramatically with ear fatigue, again, regardless of whether you are using compressed files.

There are true audiophiles in this world, and then there are people that feel like they should know it and in reality could not tell you the difference between the AAV and lossless formats.

But you certainly would be able to get a much more decisive preference for consumers having them listen to a $100 pair of headphones and $20 pair listening to itunes files, than a $20 pair listening to lossless files.

I actually don't even hate on beats. It is overpriced, and is all marketing.

But the market for headphones really was confusing. You had an explosion in mobile music players in 00, and basically no revolution for headphones there, despite the "specialty" market exploding in pretty much every other market (food, clothing, etc).

Your big name (consumer facing) headphone makers (sony, panasonic, etc) had so many products, at so many pricepoints, how do you decide? You can't be brand loyal because th $20 sony headphones are horrid. How do you know their 110 are the best anymore?

So you had insanely expensive headphones and terribly crappy cheap ones. And nothing in the middle. Yeah, monster head phones aren't amazing, but they also aren't horrible. Consumer ignorance was begging to be exploited there. Now that people know there's a market there it's going to work itself out, may as well thank Beats for that.