2014 ♪♫ Thread

Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 05:08 PM)
I actually don't even hate on beats. It is overpriced, and is all marketing.

But the market for headphones really was confusing. You had an explosion in mobile music players in 00, and basically no revolution for headphones there, despite the "specialty" market exploding in pretty much every other market (food, clothing, etc).

Your big name (consumer facing) headphone makers (sony, panasonic, etc) had so many products, at so many pricepoints, how do you decide? You can't be brand loyal because th $20 sony headphones are horrid. How do you know their 110 are the best anymore?

So you had insanely expensive headphones and terribly crappy cheap ones. And nothing in the middle. Yeah, monster head phones aren't amazing, but they also aren't horrible. Consumer ignorance was begging to be exploited there. Now that people know there's a market there it's going to work itself out, may as well thank Beats for that.

You buy Sennheisers and go home happy.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 08:12 AM)
Yeah, man, that's a killer duo in 2003.

Lol, look at some of the headliners of the last couple years. Foo fighters, nin, tool, let's not pretend like every year the main headliner is some awesome new act that has been tearing it up for two years.

Last year was the first year I really wanted to go and didn't get tickets. This year, I'm pretty sure I'll never go. That is awful. Because so many conflicts and the damn heat, I'd take quantity of mid-tier bands I want to see over a few really great bands. And the quantity and quality suck this year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 08:12 AM)
Yeah, man, that's a killer duo in 2003.

Says the guy who likes Frank Turner?

Outkast is arguably one of the top rap groups of all time, likely the top southern rap group of all time and when you listen to Aquimeni/Stankonia/etc you realize just how far in front of the music they were. I am actually seeing them twice this year (Summerfest/Lolla) and we had considered going to Coachella just to see them.

Last year only had NIN as a good headliner. This year has Outkast and Eminem. Completely happy to pay $250 to see only those 2. Add in Nas (who I saw last year) plus Chance the Rapper and you have some pretty solid rap acts. Last year there was only Kendrick.

Outkast is going to be ridiculous, I hope they play Chonkyfire.

Edited by Soxbadger

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 10:38 AM)
Outkast is arguably one of the top rap groups of all time, likely the top southern rap group of all time and when you listen to Aquemini/Stankonia/etc you realize just how far in front of the music they were. I am actually seeing them twice this year (Summerfest/Lolla) and we had considered going to Coachella just to see them.

With very few exceptions, Outkast and Wu-Tang (Wu-Tang associated acts) is the only rap that ever sees regular usage on my iPod anymore. ATLiens and Aquemini are among my favorites from any genre.

Last year only had NIN as a good headliner.

I wanted to see NIN, but wasn't going to pay lolmoney to do so just because it was at Lolla. Kindly enough, they're co-headlining with Soundgarden at Tinley Park this summer (7/24). It's a weird pairing, but I like both. I'm holding out hope that they also play a nearby venue that isn't as awful (like Alpine), but it's looking like that won't be the case.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
http://radio.com/2014/04/07/failure-announ...-american-tour/

One of my top 5 bands of all time, me and 3 friends are going to see them at the Rave in Milwaukee

Unfamiliar with them, but I'm sampling Fantastic Planet on Amazon right now, and I'm kind of liking what I'm hear.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 12:02 PM)
Unfamiliar with them, but I'm sampling Fantastic Planet on Amazon right now, and I'm kind of liking what I'm hear.

That is one of those albums that you have to listen start to finish. My best friend sent it to me in college and it blew my mind

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
Bought tickets to see Sir Paul in July. Not cheap, but that could easily be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

You going to the one at Target Field? I'll be there.

EDIT: Probably not, since that show is not in July (August 2).

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)
You going to the one at Target Field? I'll be there.

EDIT: Probably not, since that show is not in July (August 2).

Yeah not the cities, going to Fargo. I was considering the one in the cities but 6 1/2 hours is a long way to drive, and flights to Minneapolis are like $300-400.