Who's going to Cooperstown

shago

Me and the gf are planning on going. Went a couple summers ago, stayed in Oneonta NY at Super 8 about 20 minutes away. Nice little college town lots of good pizza places. There were a few chain hotels closer to Cooperstown but right outside the main village. Of course there's also the Ostega Resort Hotel in Cooperstown, which is famous for being haunted and was on Ghost Hunters. That place is pricey though. If you are looking for something to do that weekend not baseball related, we went on a Ghost Tour around Cooperstown that was a nice history lesson on the village and it's founders. http://www.thisiscooperstown.com/attractio...ght-ghost-tours

They also host baseball camps all summer so the place is teeming with people from NYC. Finding a place to stay won't be easy and actually seeing anything will be even harder. Still cool though. Make the trip to ommegang if you go.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
They also host baseball camps all summer so the place is teeming with people from NYC. Finding a place to stay won't be easy and actually seeing anything will be even harder. Still cool though. Make the trip to ommegang if you go.

One of my favorite breweries. Definitely, worth it while you are there.

Not going to make it to induction weekend, but I have been intentionally putting off my New England trip until after Frank's enshrinement.

And yes, I know that Cooperstown is not in New England, but it's going to be a part of that trip, whenever it happens.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
If you drive into the area on that day/morning, is there parking?

If I recall, there's not a ton of public parking (and this was a non-indution weekend) but there's big lots outside the village that have Trollies or something of that sort to bring you into town.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
If you drive into the area on that day/morning, is there parking?

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 04:08 PM)
If I recall, there's not a ton of public parking (and this was a non-indution weekend) but there's big lots outside the village that have Trollies or something of that sort to bring you into town.

Yes.

Also, lots of people offer up their lawns for parking around $20 per day.

I went to try and look up hotels last night and the Oneonta, NY Super 8 I stayed in two summers ago is totally booked that weekend. And since I don't have the money to throw down right this minute, I probably won't be able to book a hotel until I get my tax refund.

Looking likely I will spend Saturday night in Albany (a good hour and a half from Cooperstown) because it's got plenty of hotels and there should be things to do Saturday... I'm not concerned with seeing the Hall again as I was just there two summers ago, but damn guess I should have thought of this ahead of time and booked when I still had Christmas money left. Most hotels half an hour away according to hotels.com/priceline that are in my budget require the money today and are non-refundable. The ones that are refundable still require the deposit today.

QUOTE (SmashROT @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Can anyone suggest lodging? I've been surfing hotels and B&B's this morning and have yet to find an available room for that weekend.

Probably have to stay out of town. There are several small towns but not sure about their accommodations. Oneonta is a nice little college town about 20 miles away and then Albany and Binghamton are bigger cities about an hour and 20 minutes or so away.