2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (gatnom @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)
Sounds like Reilly O'Toole might be starting for Illinois tonight.

Beckman really wants fired. If Lunt sits Nebraska giving 21.5 looking real good right now.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (gatnom @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 05:23 PM)
I don't know how you can recruit so well and still put a bad team on the field. It will be interesting to see who Michigan's next coach will be.

Next years class is pretty solid. Peppers is the only top recruit this year but has played two games because of injuries and has looked great.

Offensive line next year should be loads better.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 11:05 PM)
The SEC East blooooooows

SEC West might just form their own conference.

SEC is pretty overrated this year compared to what they've been in the past. A lot of teams living off of the reputation of the conference. I cant wait until that phony Ole Miss starts playing conference games so they can sink out of the top 25.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 10:07 PM)
SEC West might just form their own conference.

SEC is pretty overrated this year compared to what they've been in the past. A lot of teams living off of the reputation of the conference. I cant wait until that phony Ole Miss starts playing conference games so they can sink out of the top 25.

It's hard to say the SEC is overrated when it's still the best league thanks to the West. I agree Ole Miss is overrated, but that's about it. Every team in the West is good and some of them very good.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 11:13 PM)
It's hard to say the SEC is overrated when it's still the best league thanks to the West. I agree Ole Miss is overrated, but that's about it. Every team in the West is good and some of them very good.

It's the best but I dont think they are nearly as good as they've been hyped. The conference has been so hyped that when they lose within the conference, the winning team flies up the rankings and the losing team just falls a few spots. I said it a few weeks ago that South Carolina had no business being ranked where they were. Missouri is probably going to get into the low 20s now and I wouldnt be surprised to see South Carolina sitting at 25 because after all, they only lost by 1 to another SEC team.

I'll give you Alabama,Auburn and TAMU as very good. Georgia will probably win close to 10 games because they play in the east and they always avoid having to deal with atleast 2 of LSU,Alabama and Auburn(they only have Auburn). Everyone else could easily lose 4 games this year.

And what makes Miss St a top 15 team? Winning at LSU is always good but what makes that an impressive win so far this year? LSU looked like s*** for 45 minutes against Wisconsin and looked like s*** for about 55 minutes vs Miss St. So maybe LSU just isnt that good this year by their normal standards.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
It's the best but I dont think they are nearly as good as they've been hyped. The conference has been so hyped that when they lose within the conference, the winning team flies up the rankings and the losing team just falls a few spots. I said it a few weeks ago that South Carolina had no business being ranked where they were. Missouri is probably going to get into the low 20s now and I wouldnt be surprised to see South Carolina sitting at 25 because after all, they only lost by 1 to another SEC team.

I'll give you Alabama,Auburn and TAMU as very good. Georgia will probably win close to 10 games because they play in the east and they always avoid having to deal with atleast 2 of LSU,Alabama and Auburn(they only have Auburn). Everyone else could easily lose 4 games this year.

And what makes Miss St a top 15 team? Winning at LSU is always good but what makes that an impressive win so far this year? LSU looked like s*** for 45 minutes against Wisconsin and looked like s*** for about 55 minutes vs Miss St. So maybe LSU just isnt that good this year by their normal standards.

You can bet media will cry for 2 SEC teams in final 4.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)

SEC overranking in the polls is rampant, but also irrelevant. All that matters is the top 4. A crap Missouri team getting ranked after a s***ty performance that somehow won getting ranked 25 is meaningless if it happens. I know I wouldn't vote for them, but I also saw South Carolina get dominated in every aspect by Texas A&M in Week 1 and knew that team wasn't good.

A team being 12 instead of 18 ultimately means nothing.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 11:38 PM)
SEC overranking in the polls is rampant, but also irrelevant. All that matters is the top 4. A crap Missouri team getting ranked after a s***ty performance that somehow won getting ranked 25 is meaningless if it happens. I know I wouldn't vote for them, but I also saw South Carolina get dominated in every aspect by Texas A&M in Week 1 and knew that team wasn't good.

A team being 12 instead of 18 ultimately means nothing.

ultimately is means nothing but its not irrelevant as teams jockey themselves up the polls after an early season loss. If it wasnt for Missouri, South Carolina was probably a win away at Auburn from having a tournament elimination game in the SEC title. And as you said, South Carolina isnt good.

I almost want to believe that the over ranking of SEC teams is almost to protect them in case they have an SEC Champion who finishes 11-2. They can hype up the SOS and what not compared to a 1-loss team from another conference.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 10:58 PM)
imagine Georgia winning out and beating an undefeated SEC West team by less than 1 score.

I know it's just a scenario, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry. Road games at Mizzou and Arkansas and a home game against Auburn. What Georgia has shown so far hasn't added up to winning out in that schedule (which isn't even that hard).