Sox release promotional schedule

southsider2k5

WHITE SOX ANNOUNCE 2014 PROMOTIONAL SCHEDULE

February 25, 2014 at 10:33am

Tickets Available on Friday, February 28

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, February 25, 2014

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox today released the promotional schedule for the 2014 season.

The promotional schedule, which can be found at whitesox.com/promos, includes 13 Family Sundays, 20 fireworks nights (includes every Friday night home game starting April 25 and July 4 Independence Day fireworks), along with the ever-popular Dog Day on April 28 and Bark at the Park, presented by AvoDerm/Nylabone, on September 8, Elvis Night presented by Saint Xavier University on August 1 and Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day, presented by Miller Lite, on September 12.

The Family Sunday promotion, sponsored by The University of Chicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital, returns this year and will cover all 13 Sunday home games. Family Sundays again feature seats in Bleacher, Outfield Reserved, Lower Corner and Premium Upper Box sections for just $15, Upper Box and Upper Reserved Seats will be available for $10, and Upper Corner tickets will be priced at only $5 while parking is only $10 at each Family Sunday game.

In addition to the traditional favorite fireworks shows and theme nights, the 2014 schedule is highlighted by premium giveaways throughout the year, including:

· 2014 White Sox Magnetic Schedule, presented by Miller Lite (March 31)

· 1983 White Sox Fleece Blanket (April 12)

· White Sox Calendar (April 15-17)

· White Sox Reusable Grocery Tote, presented by MLB Network (April 25)

· Minnie Minoso Replica Statue (April 26)*

· Pink White Sox Scarf (May 10)

· Chris Sale Bobblehead, presented by Pepsi (May 24)*

· White Sox Kids Baseball Glove, presented by Beggars Pizza (May 31)*

· White Sox Cap, presented by The PrivateBank (June 14)

· White Sox Tailgate Flag, presented by Miller Lite (July 4)

· White Sox Kids Jersey, presented by Aquafina FlavorSplash (July 5)

· 1983 White Sox Reusable Bag, presented by UL (August 5)

· Tony La Russa Bobblehead (August 30)

· White Sox Irish Flat Cap, presented by Miller Lite (September 12)

The promotional schedule can be found at whitesox.com/promos. The online promotional schedule will be updated as additional events, theme nights and giveaways are finalized or if any changes are made.

Individual tickets for all 2014 White Sox home games go on sale to the general public Friday, February 28, online at whitesox.com and by calling 866-SOX-GAME. Beginning Saturday, March 1, tickets can be purchased at the U.S. Cellular Field Ticket Office and at Ticketmaster locations throughout Chicagoland. The ticket office hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday, and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Season ticket plans are available now at whitesox.com or by calling (312) 674-1000.

QUOTE (Nunnigan @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
While I'm disappointed that theres nothing scheduled for Big Frank, I wouldnt be surprised if they have something special planned around the time of his HOF induction.

They may not have finalized his tributes yet. Sox are known for adding s*** on the fly.

· Chris Sale Bobblehead, presented by Pepsi (May 24)*

This is the game for our extended family outing this year. It's already a holiday weekend against the Yankees, and now it's a Sale bobblehead game as well. I guess I'm going to need ewokpelts to come through with a pre-sale code for individual game tickets if I can expect to snag 16 together in the lower deck for this one.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 07:24 AM)
This is the game for our extended family outing this year. It's already a holiday weekend against the Yankees, and now it's a Sale bobblehead game as well. I guess I'm going to need ewokpelts to come through with a pre-sale code for individual game tickets if I can expect to snag 16 together in the lower deck for this one.
Hold off. Let me look for a discount code. Worst case scenario, you can always make a group order. Tix in the lower corners are $20 for that game($7 in the upper corners).

Hold off. Let me look for a discount code. Worst case scenario, you can always make a group order. Tix in the lower corners are $20 for that game($7 in the upper corners).

I checked the list of discount codes and they didn't have one listed for that game. Being a Saturday game against the Yankees and with the Sale giveaway I figure that aren't going to have one for that game.

Also, I thought you had to have 20 to get a group, and group discount is only $1/ticket anyway.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 09:42 AM)
I checked the list of discount codes and they didn't have one listed for that game. Being a Saturday game against the Yankees and with the Sale giveaway I figure that aren't going to have one for that game.

Also, I thought you had to have 20 to get a group, and group discount is only $1/ticket anyway.

Code is WING.

Pretty much every game has a code. The 20 ticket rule is for buying from a rep. Codes are 1-19 tix per transaction.

hopefully she got lower corner. those are $20 without the code.

No, the family has a very specific preference about when to go and where to sit. Nearly all of them go to only one game per year and care less about the price of the ticket than the date and time of the game and location of the seats. The game has to be a Saturday afternoon game between mid-May and mid-August, and the seats have to be in Sections 113-118 in the front 20 rows. I suggested we wait to see if there were any discount codes, but they were worried about not getting their preferred location (which we did get).

If nothing else the Sale bobbleheads may one day fetch a price on e-bay that makes up for the cost of the tickets.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
No, the family has a very specific preference about when to go and where to sit. Nearly all of them go to only one game per year and care less about the price of the ticket than the date and time of the game and location of the seats. The game has to be a Saturday afternoon game between mid-May and mid-August, and the seats have to be in Sections 113-118 in the front 20 rows. I suggested we wait to see if there were any discount codes, but they were worried about not getting their preferred location (which we did get).

If nothing else the Sale bobbleheads may one day fetch a price on e-bay that makes up for the cost of the tickets.

It's a $15 dollar difference, plus the higher tm fees(codes have a reduced rate on fees).

Plus, let's be honest, there's only one game where tickets will dry up.

But if the extended family is ok with that, what can you do?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
If it makes you feel better Saturday May 24th, Chris Sale bobblehead day will be the first pick in my Dad's draft (OD not included). Discount codes do not happen for Yankees games.

Everyone see the Cubs prices? Absolutely ridiculous. Our seats in section 127 are $111 a ticket.

The Cubs series is the weekend of the NFL Draft so not only will I not be attending a game, I will most likely not watch either. I hate that scheduling quirk this year.

It's a $15 dollar difference, plus the higher tm fees(codes have a reduced rate on fees).

Plus, let's be honest, there's only one game where tickets will dry up.

But if the extended family is ok with that, what can you do?

Only one game that will sell out, but we're talking about a block of a few thousand seats that they are fixated on.

They won't do a night game due to the 2+ hour drive for most of them and being unwilling to drive that much that late at night or get a hotel room. They have to be on the RF line to get the late afternoon shade, they don't want to be too close to the RF corner, and they want to be as close to the field as possible. So yes, they'll pay more to get all of their criteria met.

I only get to go up to Chicago one a summer and hopefully I can go to both games against the Giants on 17th and 18th. The game on the 18th is a day game during the week so I am sure there will be cheaper tickets around. Are there any codes? Or would StubHub be better?

Problem is with going to 2 games in a row is the money spent.. Over 40 bucks on parking alone.. There has to be a way to get a cheap deal.

I only get to go up to Chicago one a summer and hopefully I can go to both games against the Giants on 17th and 18th. The game on the 18th is a day game during the week so I am sure there will be cheaper tickets around. Are there any codes? Or would StubHub be better?

Problem is with going to 2 games in a row is the money spent.. Over 40 bucks on parking alone.. There has to be a way to get a cheap deal.

Are you staying anywhere near an L line? Much cheaper than parking.

QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
Gene, any codes for Saturday August 31st (TLR bobblehead)? Didn't see them on the special events page

i'm sure there will be. they just started releasing stuff. and not all the links are live yet. no matter what, they have $20 lower corner and $7 upper corner tix with no code needed.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)

fairly certain there will be codes for both dates.