Ukraine

justBLAZE

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

Jews in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk where pro-Russian militants have taken over government buildings were told they have to "register" with the Ukrainians who are trying to make the city become part of Russia, according to Israeli media.

Jews emerging from a synagogue say they were handed leaflets that ordered the city's Jews to provide a list of property they own and pay a registration fee "or else have their citizenship revoked, face deportation and see their assets confiscated," reported Ynet News, Israel's largest news website.

Obama has been the least supportive of Israel of any President in my lifetime yet US Jews gave him 69% of their votes in 2012. I guess now if they want to complain about this they should do their complaining in front of a mirror.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 01:47 PM)
Obama has been the least supportive of Israel of any President in my lifetime yet US Jews gave him 69% of their votes in 2012. I guess now if they want to complain about this they should do their complaining in front of a mirror.

What should the U.S. do in reply to this?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)

Its far more complicated than "who pretends to care about Israel the most." Republicans are no friend to the Jews.

• 3 weeks later...

If the Jewish people do have to register over there ... wow is all I can say. I wonder how long the world will exist before we destroy each other. You know that's how eventually the world is going to end. Way too much hatred and way too many assholes out there (like the kook in North Korea).

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2014 -> 02:53 PM)
If the Jewish people do have to register over there ... wow is all I can say. I wonder how long the world will exist before we destroy each other. You know that's how eventually the world is going to end.

They. Didn't.

Someone played you for a fool and you're letting them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2014 -> 07:54 PM)
They. Didn't.

Someone played you for a fool and you're letting them.

USA Today got played for the fool then. That was one, long article in a (once) well-respected publication.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
USA Today got played for the fool then. That was one, long article in a (once) well-respected publication.

Many people got played, but then some might notice that the coverage stopped. However, you continued to believe it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
Many people got played, but then some might notice that the coverage stopped. However, you continued to believe it.

They should have written a followup. Plus some high hitters were quoted in that first story. If that story was worthless, the paper should fix it. I consider the topic appalling. If they make the Jewish people register ... wow. Another huge war can't be far away in this world.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 09:53 AM)
More seriously I wonder what the line for NATO intervention might be. And I wonder what Putin's desired end-game is here.

I am guessing the line is something like nuking Ukraine. IE, NATO isn't going to fight against Russia for pretty much any reason.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 10:55 AM)
I was wondering the same thing. Putin could take Ukraine in a matter of weeks I would guess. So if he really wanted it, why not just go for it? The international community is going to condemn him and then forget about it a week later.

Because Ukraine has a population 1.5x the size of Iraq and holding Iraq was not exactly easy for a much more advanced military?