B/R Has Sale/Abreu Winning Awards

Jose Abreu

Will Sale/Abreu Win Cy/ROY?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sale/Abreu Win Cy/ROY?

• Sale will win Cy and Abreu will win ROY
    • Sale will win Cy
    • Abreu will win ROY
    • Another Sox player will win Cy/ROY (Specify)
    • Another Sox player will win Cy and Abreu will win ROY
    • Another Sox player will win ROY and Sale will win Cy
    • None of the above

Too many good arms to think Sale is THE favorite. Certainly he'd be a preseason contender.

Abreu as ROY is much more likely, but I think Tanaka is a better bet in NY, given they're much more likely to contend and, of course, they are NY. There's also the potential for a Xander Bogaerts breakout, and that's another nice East Coast story.

I voted neither, but both are certainly plausible.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 30, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
Too many good arms to think Sale is THE favorite. Certainly he'd be a preseason contender.

Abreu as ROY is much more likely, but I think Tanaka is a better bet in NY, given they're much more likely to contend and, of course, they are NY. There's also the potential for a Xander Bogaerts breakout, and that's another nice East Coast story.

I voted neither, but both are certainly plausible.

I agree. With all the hype and ending up where he did, Tanaka could sneeze and they'd give him the ROY. If he's anything near dominant, don't bet against the CY Young, either.

Edited by vegandork

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 30, 2014 -> 06:37 PM)
Almost everything on B/R is now written by paid writers, including several top-notch sportswriters that they've snagged from NYT and other reputable publications

One of those paid top-notch sportswriters need to know that slide shows suck and cause people to avoid reading your articles.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
One of those paid top-notch sportswriters need to know that slide shows suck and cause people to avoid reading your articles.

One of those top notch forum posters needs to know that slideshows are absolutely money for generating clicks and their format gets your ads about [insert amount of slides here] more impressions than a straightforward, text-only piece. People want lists and slideshows on the internet and B/R was smart enough to jump on that gravy train before the rest of the sports media jumped on board

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 07:08 PM)
One of those top notch forum posters needs to know that slideshows are absolutely money for generating clicks and their format gets your ads about [insert amount of slides here] more impressions than a straightforward, text-only piece. People want lists and slideshows on the internet and B/R was smart enough to jump on that gravy train before the rest of the sports media jumped on board

Thanks for the compliment! ;)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
Thanks for the compliment! ;)

Not having an established closer may kill any chance for Sale. I was glad yesterday that the pen was able to finish off his start.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 06:00 PM)
Not having an established closer may kill any chance for Sale. I was glad yesterday that the pen was able to finish off his start.

Me too. Feel like he'll be robbed of several W's this season (nothing new there).