AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)
You want to see a slow swing, Tyler Flowers, he was god awful.

Dunn did not get the ball out of the infield.

Security was tight at the park as there was a rumor floating in the Chicago Police Department that Obama may be attending the game.

Dunn had some good ABs though. I was in 125 and a guy 2 rows in front of me doesn't let Adam Dunn have one swing and a miss without letting him have it. It really was annoying.

Dunn did not get the ball out of the infield.

Security was tight at the park as there was a rumor floating in the Chicago Police Department that Obama may be attending the game.

Emmanuel and Quinn were there, I walked next to Quinn briefly. And his 4-man security team.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 11:45 AM)
Dunn had some good ABs though. I was in 125 and a guy 2 rows in front of me doesn't let Adam Dunn have one swing and a miss without letting him have it. It really was annoying.

This is really too bad. There are very few people who want Dunn on the White Sox, but given the extenuating circumstances, keeping him on the roster makes sense. I mean, it's opening day for crying out loud, be happy and cheer the guys.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
This is really too bad. There are very few people who want Dunn on the White Sox, but given the extenuating circumstances, keeping him on the roster makes sense. I mean, it's opening day for crying out loud, be happy and cheer the guys.

Yeah, I don't understand why people spend money to attend something that apparently bothers them so much.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 11:45 AM)

A few years ago when I was sitting near 3rd base there was a guy who was doing something similar when Scott Linebrink was pitching. He was just ripping him even if it was a strike.

He apparently has no plans to change his swing either, as each of his swings in both strikeouts looked identical. No adjustments, just hoping to run into one. Dude is awful.

There was some jackass right behind us, in a group of four very drunk idiots... when they started the tribute video to those who had died in the past year (they do this every year), the whole stadium is silent... except this guy, who proceeds to ask who the &*^&* these people were, then shouts at the top of his lungs "AMERICA!!!!!!". I turned around and just stared at him, his friends noticed and reined him in.

Not surprisingly, those weren't even their seats, and they eventually had to move away and left the area.

It's a ballgame, I accept there will be lots of screaming idiots, but this guy was just too much.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 12:01 PM)
He apparently has no plans to change his swing either, as each of his swings in both strikeouts looked identical. No adjustments, just hoping to run into one. Dude is awful.

The at-bats of his I paid close attention to, they fed him a steady diet of breaking stuff, and he was way out in front every time.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 12:08 PM)
There was some jackass right behind us, in a group of four very drunk idiots... when they started the tribute video to those who had died in the past year (they do this every year), the whole stadium is silent... except this guy, who proceeds to ask who the &*^&* these people were, then shouts at the top of his lungs "AMERICA!!!!!!". I turned around and just stared at him, his friends noticed and reined him in.

Not surprisingly, those weren't even their seats, and they eventually had to move away and left the area.

It's a ballgame, I accept there will be lots of screaming idiots, but this guy was just too much.

Sorry man. Too many pregame limearitas.