AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 07:59 PM)
:D Good Game! First post. Looking forward to eating some chicken and waffles on Wednesday. Anyone at the park today?

Welcome to the boards!

I was there.. In typical Opening Day fashion. Great atmosphere once inside the stadium. The new security measures seemed a little overblown and the new food that I got to try (adobe mango chicken sausage and pork chop sandwich) is over-hyped, but I'm a food snob. Stick to whatever your favorites are.

Edited by ChrisLikesBaseball

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 07:34 PM)
Hated missing this game. Pass along any eaton highlights or the Abreu double. Hawk sounded like he was in a great mood.

"I tell ya Stone Pony, this is the most exciting and athletic young White Sox team since the late 90's...Abreu's going to win multiple MVP's and Eaton will make everyone forget about Scotty Pods."

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 08:36 PM)
"I tell ya Stone Pony, this is the most exciting and athletic young White Sox team since the late 90's...Abreu's going to win multiple MVP's and Eaton will make everyone forget about Scotty Pods."

Tell me he actually said this. Don't tease me with awesomely ridiculous Hawkisms.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 08:34 PM)
Hated missing this game. Pass along any eaton highlights or the Abreu double. Hawk sounded like he was in a great mood.

Abreu hit that double to right so freaking hard.....the right fielder was handcuffed, confused, etc. Abreu is the real deal.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 07:40 PM)
Abreu hit that double to right so freaking hard.....the right fielder was handcuffed, confused, etc. Abreu is the real deal.

For all the slider speed bat comments, he's been remarkably quick to the ball.

The single he hit, he was able to quickly pull his hands and drop the head of the bat to make solid contact instead of rolling over the top of it...and pulling it weakly on the ground, like Semien did in the bottom of the 1st.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 09:30 PM)
Great win today. Watched the game with my dog lol. Sale, Abreu, Eaton, Gillaspie, and De Aza were great today.

Nitpicking negatives:

Avi and Semein pitch selection.

Alexei did look slow at SS today. First game of the year though

Will Ramirez ever have a great April/May?

Semien got suckered by a veteran pitcher into rolling over on that DP ball...didn't kill us, thankfully. And obviously, we've got to do a better job with instructing young players how to bunt.

Have we ever developed a young hitter who had a clue how to do it? Getz, maybe.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 09:30 PM)
Great win today. Watched the game with my dog lol. Sale, Abreu, Eaton, Gillaspie, and De Aza were great today.

Nitpicking negatives:

Avi and Semein pitch selection.

Alexei did look slow at SS today. First game of the year though

Yeah, Avi with four horrible at bats, still ends up 2 for 4 somehow. That's discouraging because it makes me think he'll never change.

But f*ck yeah to everything else.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 10:58 PM)
Yeah, Avi with four horrible at bats, still ends up 2 for 4 somehow. That's discouraging because it makes me think he'll never change.

But f*ck yeah to everything else.

He is 22 correct?? He will change once he gets time and understands the game more.. I would say not looking good and still being 2 for 4 is encouraging. Shows how much potential he has