Game Thread 5/12: SOX @ OAK

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 13, 2014 -> 05:12 AM)
Hawk still whining about the bunt. Never mind the double off the wall and the wild pitch. Now the walk. Webb having a bad outing.

To be fair, Webb did become unglued after the bunt.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2014 -> 06:29 PM)
I'm wondering if they would bring up Thompson. He can play CF correct? That would be interesting and probably a better option then De Aza and Sierra (when Eaton comes back)

Just saw this post. Trayce is having a bad season, as his OPS is .689 and Mitchell's is .683. Neither has any business being promoted to the big league level.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 13, 2014 -> 04:18 AM)
If only the Sox would have included some money in the Peavey and Rios trades.

With Rios, you never know if they could have afforded Abreu then. I'm ok with those trades, as it resulted in Abreu and Avi and some decent minor leaguers. The trade that's a killer if it doesn't work out is Addison Reed for Davidson.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2014 -> 05:19 AM)
With Rios, you never know if they could have afforded Abreu then. I'm ok with those trades, as it resulted in Abreu and Avi and some decent minor leaguers. The trade that's a killer if it doesn't work out is Addison Reed for Davidson.

We could always trade Davidson for Moustakas in the transaction of the busts. That is, if Davidson keeps stinking. Moustakas already is a bust. He's kinda like Beckham.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:19 PM)

I still can't believe we didn't get something better for Peavey.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2014 -> 12:19 AM)

Uh, no. That's a great return for Reed, there is a reason Towers is about to get fired -- it's a few too many trades like that.

See, this is why I love Hawk. He just said the Sox outfield has been BAD. Not many announcers can get away with that kinda talk. Seriously. The Royals announcers would be fired on the spot.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 13, 2014 -> 05:24 AM)
Better than Garcia? That's a pretty damn good return for an aging, expensive SP. It's not like Peavy had a ton of value.

I love Garcia, but missing this entire season is not gonna help him any. Not blaming the Sox for the injury, of course.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:17 PM)
Since when does how long someone has been on a site matter? I posted on a different site for seven years before I joined SoxTalk. You're a predictable hack and you are only known for your useless negative posts.

Keep spreading your "yeah right" posts though, great contributions. Doesn't matter how long you have been here, you still have no understanding of the nuances of a message board.

Again who give a rats ass about your opinion?