Game Thread 5/12: SOX @ OAK

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 13, 2014 -> 04:09 AM)
I was reading this post just as Hawk was saying how "Kenny Williams was the best GM this franchise has ever had," which is just complete bulls***. But that aside, it made me laugh thinking about KW's 1st round pick of Jared Mitchell and the situation the outfield is in right now.

Well, KW's team did win the WS. So arguably Hawk is right. I wonder if he'd describe Ozzie as the best manager because of the same reasoning. He might go with Al Lopez, though, but Ozzie did win in his one WS; Lopez lost his.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2014 -> 03:25 AM)
Hawk is in a good mood tonight. Some good stories/discussion. That deep fly out and nice play by Redick might make his mood start to sour, though.

Missed it, what happened

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2014 -> 10:30 PM)
Gotta come through there if you want to win road games against a good team. Failure by Gillaspie.

He made good contact, just hit it right at a defender. It happens.

KW is probably our best GM.

Himes had one hell of a run, though:

Drafted Jack McDowell, Robin Ventura, Frank Thomas, and Alex Fernandez in consecutive first rounds. Got us Wilson Alvarez, Scott Fletcher, Sammy Sosa, and Lance Johnson for old Harold Baines and Jose de Leon. Also drafted James Baldwin, Ray Durham, Jason Bere, Bob Wickman, Joe Borowski.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 13, 2014 -> 04:31 AM)
He made good contact, just hit it right at a defender. It happens.

I know, but at that stage of the game if you want to beat the A's on the road, you need to not strand the runner at third. That was one, key out. And predictably the A's plate two in the bottom of the fifth to take good command of the game.