Game Thread 5/12: SOX @ OAK

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:24 PM)
Better than Garcia? That's a pretty damn good return for an aging, expensive SP. It's not like Peavy had a ton of value.

I'm not as high on Garcia as most. Sure he has the physical tools, but I see him as a big strong guy who doesn't hit for power and is a butcher in the field. And although he has great speed it appeared as if he already lost a half step this season even at his young age.

He can still turn out to be a good player but he's far from a sure thing.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:24 PM)
Hawk and Stone are talking about how trading Reed for Eaton was great trade by Hahn. BOTH Hawk and Stone.

Seriously, their jobs are to be the voice of the team. Lift a finger, gentlemen. Say more than 10 different sentences.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:19 PM)
With Rios, you never know if they could have afforded Abreu then. I'm ok with those trades, as it resulted in Abreu and Avi and some decent minor leaguers. The trade that's a killer if it doesn't work out is Addison Reed for Davidson.

Reed with another beauty of a blown save tonight, two solo homers

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:40 PM)

Just saw that ouch babe.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Last chance on to the 9th,

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 13, 2014 -> 04:40 AM)

You know me, I wanted him traded due to the rebuilding of this year (and the fact his stiff was average). Just have to hope Davidson turns it around.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:44 PM)
Reed was so close on Saturday to an epic career-defining blown save against the Sox if Konerko went deep twice in that game.

I was so hoping PK would get Reed a 2nd time.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:42 PM)
You know me, I wanted him traded due to the rebuilding of this year (and the fact his stiff was average). Just have to hope Davidson turns it around.

You and Marty were definitely in that camp. (reminds me of Eminor3rd, myself and Marty on the trade Viciedo while you can camp, although he's been pretty good so far) Was not a fan of it, but it looks like unless Davidson can turn it around (still early, and Reed for that matter), it might be one of those Santos for Molina trades that neither side benefits.