White Sox vs. Dodgers game #2

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:29 PM)
His ERA is around 6... That is awful for someone who comes out to get 1 or 2 lefties out

blame robin, he's faced almost as many rhb as lhb. Just another data point against ventura. wOBA of .273 against lefties for downs, .371 for righties.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:32 PM)
Stone thinks Aiken will go #1 to Astros. Hawk with big time praise for a high school pitcher, which is shocking.

Cooper likes Aiken's motion.

Aiken is really good...watching Kolek quite a bit today. His motion reminds me of Peavy a little bit.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 04:28 AM)
Hawk being ridiculous again mentioning Avi Garcia in the same breath with Abreu and Puig.

He better learn how to slide and dive for balls or he'll be hurt as much as Carlos Q.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:33 PM)
If the Sox end up taking Kolek over Nola, it might be the most un-Sox like move in a very long time.

Nola's upside is not high enough to draft him top 3. He'll probably be one of the first to the majors.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:30 PM)
1, where did you come from? 2, I am not sure you have said anything positive since coming here

Sorry buddy. We have people mentioning scully sucks. I mentioned he is awesome, which is not negative. Also if I talk about Noesi and nieto things aren't going to be rosy. Did u forget I said great change up earlier. Jose A is amazing and has a huge amount of want. Is that better

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:36 PM)
I'm not sure how we got to Petricka being our 7th inning guy.... I know Webb walks a lot but you would think he would be there before Petricka was..

Now back to back walks.

Yep, as I was saying upthread, PITCH WEBB ROBIN. FFS Petricka is smoke and mirrors with zero upside long term. Webb actually has decent stuff.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:36 PM)
Nola's upside is not high enough to draft him top 3. He'll probably be one of the first to the majors.

I just want Sox to take best guy and not get cute trying draft lesser guy to save money. Sox spent less than anyone before new CBA on draft and it shows badly now. I want KW nowhere near this pick.

QUOTE (StillMissOzzie @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 04:34 AM)
With the widely held theory that Hawk is JR's mouthpiece, does anyone else here think that the Hawk love for Beckham is preparing us all for the great news that Beckham will be re-signed?

SMO

:huh:

Does Jerry care enough about day to day stuff that he'd demand the Sox lock up Beckham? As a baseball fan Jerry can't think Beckham is all that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:33 PM)
If the Sox end up taking Kolek over Nola, it might be the most un-Sox like move in a very long time.

Seems like this is the overwhelming opinion on what will happen. I'm rooting for it

"Back to back walks. That is not good."

No s***, Hawk. Your announcing is not good. I can't believe that hack still has a job. It's been so long since we've had a decent announcer that I can't remember what a good one sounds like. "That's not good." Thanks, Ken, thanks.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:36 PM)

My gut feeling is Rodon falls to the Sox and the take the Boras client, easily getting him to sign for slot after saying "you'll be on the chris sale plan, you hold up your end of the bargain".

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:38 PM)
I just want Sox to take best guy and not get cute trying draft lesser guy to save money. Sox spent less than anyone before new CBA on draft and it shows badly now. I want KW nowhere near this pick.

He will be the less money guy...unfortunately I dont think he is going to be anywhere near as good as these top 3 guys could be.

Oh and btw I hope his parents kicked the crap out of his manager for abusing his arm the other day.

Edited by Baron