White Sox @ Angels game #1

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:14 PM)
Stone says he believes the deal with Rodon will be done soon and Hawk responds with his favorite, "Your what hurts?"

Stone was just busting Hawks balls for a reaction.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:14 PM)
Stone says he believes the deal with Rodon will be done soon

Interesting. Rodon himself on the topic:

The slot recommendation for the No. 3 pick is $5.7 million. It’s still early, so Rodon didn’t have much insight to offer when asked about the prospects of a deal getting done.

“I’m not really sure,’’ he said on a conference call with reporters Friday. “That’s later down the road. In a month or so we’ll figure that out, but I’m still trying to enjoy this moment, spend time with my family and enjoy the whole thing and let it sink in.’’

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:16 PM)
Interesting. Rodon himself on the topic:

The slot recommendation for the No. 3 pick is $5.7 million. It’s still early, so Rodon didn’t have much insight to offer when asked about the prospects of a deal getting done.

“I’m not really sure,’’ he said on a conference call with reporters Friday. “That’s later down the road. In a month or so we’ll figure that out, but I’m still trying to enjoy this moment, spend time with my family and enjoy the whole thing and let it sink in.’’

What is the point of waiting a month?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:18 PM)
Some of these averages are free falling. It's a shame Viciedo is still plagued by his streakiness. To me, it's hard to find a spot for him on next years team.

Agreed. I'm hoping for Beckham and Viciedo to play just well enough to get in the postseason, but also to be traded in November-December.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:19 PM)
None really. His quotes have been trained by Boras.

Boras loves to be the show for a month and milk it for all it is worth, That is why some teams avoid him. Just wait till DV is a FA he will want the moon then Sox say see ya.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:22 PM)
This would be a huge win tonight, considering the matchup and the wildcard situation. Orioles and Mariners losing tonight was good.

Somebody will have to go wake up our offense if we want to win.. Rienzo can't take back runs

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:22 PM)
Yeah Viciedo is pretty worthless if he's not hitting. He doesn't play defense and he doesn't get on base. You could hire any schmuck off the street to do that.

Sierra at least plays good defense. DV still needs every AB he can get

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:22 PM)
This would be a huge win tonight, considering the matchup and the wildcard situation. Orioles and Mariners losing tonight was good.

Makes the Kershaw loss even tougher facing a Weaver tonight.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:23 PM)
Boras loves to be the show for a month and milk it for all it is worth, That is why some teams avoid him. Just wait till DV is a FA he will want the moon then Sox say see ya.

:lol: peace DV

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:23 PM)

Or they get him to fire Boras like both Danks did

Edited by Buehrle>Wood