White Sox @ Angels game #1

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:35 PM)
If the Sox are actually going to contend, they are going to need another starter most likely. Rienzo with a few bad starts now.

Rodon would probably be our 3rd or 4th starter at this point. I would actually give him that chance if he wasn't so close to his high in innings.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:33 PM)
Defensive metrics aren't great in small sample-sizes but for what it's worth, he ranks 7th of 29 qualified first basemen in defensive runs saved.

He also has a .793 God Damnit Percentage and a 2.1 GDP/9 which means we're averaging just over 2 "God damnit Alejandro"s per game and unfortunately every time the numbers go down a little they pop right back up again.

The great thing about GDP is it includes baserunning, defense, and offense and it's a wonderful reason to can the guy. Dunn's back to being crap again but at least he can catch the ball some in LF. I mean how the f*** do you let Adam Dunn outplay you in the OF. God damn it DeAza what the hell is wrong with you?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:45 PM)
Rienzo could be a decent swing man, but I don't think he's a starter on a contender.

He is a #5 on a .500 team as a inning filler that is all.