Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be cool as hell if you were in a men's league game with Kane, especially if you played with him. I'd be trying to play the game of my life, and pass him the puck as soon as I got it.

However, if you were on the other team it'd be awful. Not only trying to cover him, but I'd be afraid to get near him. It'd be a lot of ole defense.

"Steve49083485 from Soxtalk accidentally went knee to knee with Blackhawks star Patrick Kane in a men's league game, who has a torn ACL."

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 10:56 AM)
It'd be cool as hell if you were in a men's league game with Kane, especially if you played with him. I'd be trying to play the game of my life, and pass him the puck as soon as I got it.

However, if you were on the other team it'd be awful. Not only trying to cover him, but I'd be afraid to get near him. It'd be a lot of ole defense.

"Steve49083485 from Soxtalk accidentally went knee to knee with Blackhawks star Patrick Kane in a men's league game, who has a torn ACL."

Exactly for this reason, it amazes me that teams allow their stars to play pick up games in any sport.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 10:56 AM)

I was never a physical player. All finesse. Kaner would have been wanting to be on my line so I could raise his game. :-P

QUOTE (bulokis @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)
Can we still trade Kevin Hayes? It appears he wil not sgn.

Not gonna lie, I don't know one Hayes from another.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 12:51 PM)

Thibault!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 03:35 PM)
Whoa.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 12m

P.K. Subban's new deal will pay him $72M over 8 seasons - tied for third among defensemen in total value, trailing Shea Weber and Ryan Suter

Duncan Keith's $5.5 million cap hit is quite the value.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 17m

#Blackhawks officially announce they could not come to a contract agreement with Kevin Hayes. Forward will be unrestricted free agent. Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 16m

As compensation for not signing Kevin Hayes, #Blackhawks will receive a second-round pick (54th overall) in the 2015 NHL Draft.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 11:10 PM)
Speaking of 1st round draft picks, Kyle Beach just signed a contract with EC Red Bull Salzburg. Enjoy Austria buddy.

Beach in Austria. Jimmy Hayes on a team that plays like they belong in Austria. Top two picks busted.

At least Ben Smith saved the 08 draft from being a complete wash.