Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 36m

Marian Hossa was out with a lower-body issue today. Q said it's nothing serious and Hossa should be skating again tomorrow. #Blackhawks

Hossa's already has a minor injury? Big surprise.

So I think the Hawks still have to trade someone to get under the cap, according to Cap Geek they are $2.2 million over. I'm thinking it's most likely Leddy, Oduya, or Roszival, they all make over $2 million and will be free agents after this year. (Only Leddy will be restricted)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 07:35 AM)
Hossa's already has a minor injury? Big surprise.

So I think the Hawks still have to trade someone to get under the cap, according to Cap Geek they are $2.2 million over. I'm thinking it's most likely Leddy, Oduya, or Roszival, they all make over $2 million and will be free agents after this year. (Only Leddy will be restricted)

The buzz last week is that the Hawks would trade Leddy, but the team had to take Versteeg too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
The buzz last week is that the Hawks would trade Leddy, but the team had to take Versteeg too.

Still think it would be a huge mistake to give up on a 23 year old who is actually younger than some of the Hawks D prospects still and is by far your best PP QB. But Quenneville likes his vets (Oduya, Roszival, Versteeg etc.) so it's inevitable.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 1, 2014 -> 07:29 AM)
Still think it would be a huge mistake to give up on a 23 year old who is actually younger than some of the Hawks D prospects still and is by far your best PP QB. But Quenneville likes his vets (Oduya, Roszival, Versteeg etc.) so it's inevitable.

He's an RFA after this year and he's still lost in his own zone. He's a replaceable 3rd pairing guy. You saw how little Q trusted him last year in the playoffs.

And Keith's the best PP QB.

And I disagree that Q likes Versteeg, but he's likely harder to move.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 1, 2014 -> 12:21 PM)
He's an RFA after this year and he's still lost in his own zone. He's a replaceable 3rd pairing guy. You saw how little Q trusted him last year in the playoffs.

And Keith's the best PP QB.

And I disagree that Q likes Versteeg, but he's likely harder to move.

Rozy needs to go first. He's completely done.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
Rozy needs to go first. He's completely done.

Well yeah, but who the hell is gonna trade for him? Given the cap situation and age of other players, you would like to get a valuable piece for the future in any trade.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 09:22 AM)
I am honestly surprised a deal hasn't been done yet.

Yesterday I thought Hawks were going to announce one when they recalled Dalhbeck possibly to replace somebody (in my mind Leddy or Oduya)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
Well yeah, but who the hell is gonna trade for him? Given the cap situation and age of other players, you would like to get a valuable piece for the future in any trade.

True, but he is a liability right now. I really like JVR as the defender they keep.