Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 11:49 AM)
It looks like Q wants Richards on the 3rd line: lines during morning skate: Sharp--Toews--Hossa, Saad--Shaw--Kane, Bickell--Richards--Smith, Morin--Kruger--Carcillo. 

That's so f***ing stupid. we spend 5 years looking for a 2nd line center, and now he's on the third line with talentless hacks.

After all the bulls*** in the offseason, Kane & Richards are besties, living in the same building, blah blah blah.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 11:49 AM)
It looks like Q wants Richards on the 3rd line: lines during morning skate: Sharp--Toews--Hossa, Saad--Shaw--Kane, Bickell--Richards--Smith, Morin--Kruger--Carcillo. 

That's so f***ing stupid. we spend 5 years looking for a 2nd line center, and now he's on the third line with talentless hacks.

Hey, easy on the Smith hate.

I know that line was good in the playoffs last year for a bit, but I think Shaw is better suited not only to a 3rd line role, but specifically better at wing.

But, none of this matters since we have Carcillo in the lineup. Lines all get f***ed up when you're PKing half the time anyway.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
Hawks lineups never change, so, I'm pretty pissed too.

Yeah, I'll go with 6:48 left in the first for the first rotation of the top 9 when it's 1-0 Stars.

While I think the Richards should be the 2C, that Saad-Shaw-Kane line was dominant for some of the playoffs. Interested to see if they keep that going.

But like y'all said, it won't matter when the lines get switched up 5 minutes into the 1st period.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
I would love if someone could explain hockey spreads in less than 250 words to me.

Well most times you bet the money line.

If it's:

Hawks -150

St. Louis +125

It means that you put down $150 to win $100 on Hawks, or put down $100 to win $125 on St. Louis.

If there's s spread, it's goals, but same principle...and they'll change the money line obviously.

So maybe it's:

Hawks (-1.5 goals) -120

St. Louis (+1.5 goals) +105

If final score is Hawks 4 Blues 3, Blues covered. If final score is Hawks 4 Blues 2, Hawks covered.

Not sure how many words, but hopefully that's what you were looking for.

So the Blackhawks are in town literally the night before my birthday in January. For anyone who's gone to a Hawks away game, how much is a lower deck seat worth to me and what is the appropriate thing to wear? Just red in general if I don't own the jersey?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
So the Blackhawks are in town literally the night before my birthday in January. For anyone who's gone to a Hawks away game, how much is a lower deck seat worth to me and what is the appropriate thing to wear? Just red in general if I don't own the jersey?

Pittsburgh? That's going to be one of, if not the most expensive ticket they'll have all year. Not sure on numbers, but you're going to have to pay a premium I'd guess, especially if you want to go downstairs.

Yeah, wear red, or buy a cheap t-shirt or something so you have one. Lot of times you can get free shipping on nhl.com etc.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 10:19 PM)
Pittsburgh? That's going to be one of, if not the most expensive ticket they'll have all year. Not sure on numbers, but you're going to have to pay a premium I'd guess, especially if you want to go downstairs.

Yeah, wear red, or buy a cheap t-shirt or something so you have one. Lot of times you can get free shipping on nhl.com etc.

Yeah, I figured this wasn't going to be cheap in the least, I just picked up an extra $4 grand this year by teaching a third class so I'm set, but just trying to say "how much would you pay for this" and the appropriate garb if I don't own the full jersey.

(I've got my name in the "lottery" to try to get Cavaliers tickets when the Bulls visit in january and April, could easily afford both, just thinking now so that I can look for tickets for the next few months).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:21 PM)
Yeah, I figured this wasn't going to be cheap in the least, I just picked up an extra $4 grand this year by teaching a third class so I'm set, but just trying to say "how much would you pay for this" and the appropriate garb if I don't own the full jersey.

That's an impossible question for me to answer, I can't tell you what something is worth to you. A quick Stubhub search gave me about $150ish and up from there for downstairs behind the nets/in the corners. If you don't go to games often, just got that 4K, and considering the Hawks will only play there once a year...to me, that's a price I'd pay given your situation.

Grab a clearance shirt on nhl.com or something so you have something, you don't have to drop hundreds on a jersey if you aren't going to wear it often.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 03:12 AM)
Well most times you bet the money line.

If it's:

Hawks -150

St. Louis +125

It means that you put down $150 to win $100 on Hawks, or put down $100 to win $125 on St. Louis.

If there's s spread, it's goals, but same principle...and they'll change the money line obviously.

So maybe it's:

Hawks (-1.5 goals) -120

St. Louis (+1.5 goals) +105

If final score is Hawks 4 Blues 3, Blues covered. If final score is Hawks 4 Blues 2, Hawks covered.

Not sure how many words, but hopefully that's what you were looking for.

Gotcha money line is what confused me

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)

Balta, you live in Pittsburgh?