Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 03:23 PM)
They had chances like crazy last night and it just didnt go in.

Their scoring chances that normally seem so automatic continue to miss low on the net or way too high. Thinking especially the bickell to Toews one-timer that usually goes topcorner.

Somethings off. Pretty happy with defense. Pretty happy with Versteeg. Not happy at all with Richards. I have no idea why he things these cross ice elevated wrist shot passes are great plays.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 09:29 AM)
Their scoring chances that normally seem so automatic continue to miss low on the net or way too high. Thinking especially the bickell to Toews one-timer that usually goes topcorner.

Somethings off. Pretty happy with defense. Pretty happy with Versteeg. Not happy at all with Richards. I have no idea why he things these cross ice elevated wrist shot passes are great plays.

I do not share your opinion on Richards, he seems like a huge upgrade.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)
I do not share your opinion on Richards, he seems like a huge upgrade.

A huge upgrade? He may be still yet an upgrade but I would still consider that a position we'd need to upgrade. The only line I've seen him look good on was when Saad came down and could set up the plays for him. All he does is sit up top and hit slap shots.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 09:41 AM)
A huge upgrade? He may be still yet an upgrade but I would still consider that a position we'd need to upgrade. The only line I've seen him look good on was when Saad came down and could set up the plays for him. All he does is sit up top and hit slap shots.

He set up Sharp for at least two point blank shots and another for Rozy on a break last night that come to mind immediately. He also runs the point on the power player fairly effectively compared to the last couple of years.

So yes, an upgrade.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 09:41 AM)

with what we have been running out there? Yeah, it is an upgrade. Doesn't mean it is great, but it is definitely better.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 12:58 PM)
Scott Darling again tonight, he's finally going to get a shut out, I know it.

If he does, then Raanta will be moving to Rockford. Crawford is the back-up today, and they won't carrying 3 goalies this weekend.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 01:15 PM)
If he does, then Raanta will be moving to Rockford. Crawford is the back-up today, and they won't carrying 3 goalies this weekend.

Unless he plays terribad tonight, I can't help but think this is the most likely scenario.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 01:49 PM)
That's very possible, but if so, why didn't he just start the season in the minors?

IMO Raanta has been outplayed by Darling since the preseason, but they probably gave the edge to Raanta for having much more potential but they probably see now he has to play everyday.