Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 04:05 PM)
Barry Rozner ‏@BarryRozner 4m4 minutes ago

#Blackhawks recall D Stephen Johns and G Antti Raanta. Send back Nordstrom and Darling. TVR to LTI.

And Johns is sent back to Rockford. What was your favorite moment of the Stephen Johns era?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
If you were recalled from Rockford to Chicago for cap reasons but do not play, do you think you personally would still drive to Chicago to get out of Rockford for some respite?

IIRC, they do need to go to the team facility and practice with the team.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
If you were recalled from Rockford to Chicago for cap reasons but do not play, do you think you personally would still drive to Chicago to get out of Rockford for some respite?

First, yes. Having grown up there - there's nothing better than leaving Rockford. It's awful.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)
IIRC, they do need to go to the team facility and practice with the team.

Yeah, the Hawks used to pay for limos. I imagine they have a partnership with Uber or some drivers on staff at this point. At least 90 finally opened up.

I really, really like TVR's game. It's an absolute shame that this had to happen. Hopefully the injury bug stays away from our team now.

On the flip side, I am excited to see what Clendening brings to the team. If he plays well, it could make it an easier pill to swallow should we lose Oduya or Seabrook next offseason. If he doesn't play well... I hope we see another of our younger players. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see Cumiskey or Brennan should that happen. Frankly, I'm surprised Cumiskey didn't get the call up instead, maybe it was a cap issue, but I am happy with the call up of Clendening because he deserves an opportunity, and the organization can benefit from an internal scouting report on how Clendening plays in the NHL going into next offseason.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 09:09 AM)

In 2008, Johnson parted ways with agent Pat Brisson, who represents some of the National Hockey League’s biggest stars, including Sidney Crosby, Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews.

With no agent and little knowledge of how the financial world works, Johnson turned over control of his money to his parents.

Nice work, genius. As an aside, I can't believe this is his 9th season already. I'm old.