Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

Good win last night against the divisional foe. I'm pleased that we were able to avoid going to overtime, costing the Avs a precious point in the standings. To me, beating our divisional (and to a lesser extent, conference) foes in regulation is going to be a key to our season.

The Hawks looked amped up and ready to play, and with the win they need to keep that momentum because the next 3 games are huge for us. We have the top team in the conference, the defending Stanley Cup champs, and our biggest rival. Let's go, Hawks!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corey Perry is officially on my s*** list. That guy is a total loser. We have one more game with these guys, and I hope someone lights him up.

Happy to get the win, too. Hawks are starting to look real good. I'm very excited to see Richards excelling with Kane and Versteeg. They are helping keep the team afloat while the Toews-Hossa-Saad line gets over their scoring funk.

Hopefully the Hawks have enough energy to come out tonight and beat the Kings! I know they will be excited for the game... should be a good one tonight.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 06:40 PM)
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 54m54 minutes ago

Ever since losing at Wpg on Nov 2 to fall to 6-5-1, Hawks have since gone 8-3-0 and scored 40 goals in those 11 games. They're b-a-a-c-c-k-k

I recall an intelligent poster saying a while back, don't worry, everything will be fine, they are due. :P

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)

If cap doesn't go up, one of Sharp and Seabrook would have to go given their salaries and they can net the most back.

You take anything for Bickell and get his 4M cap off the books too. With only 2 years left after this year, a trade might be able to happen.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)
If cap doesn't go up, one of Sharp and Seabrook would have to go given their salaries and they can net the most back.

You take anything for Bickell and get his 4M cap off the books too. With only 2 years left after this year, a trade might be able to happen.

If the cap doesn't go up a lot, the ability to dump contracts is going to get a lot tougher, league wide.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 12:43 PM)
If the cap doesn't go up a lot, the ability to dump contracts is going to get a lot tougher, league wide.

Yeah, the Hawks aren't gonna be the only team with cap trouble. Around the time of the Voynov accusations, I remember the Kings were like $51 under the cap, or something ridiculously small like that.

Hopefully the Hawks can depend on Dale Tallon taking on some more big contracts as a favor down in Florida.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 11:09 AM)
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 17m17 minutes ago

Patrick Sharp joining the #Blackhawks at practice today.

Excellent. It will be nice to have Sharp back on the point soon. If the team keeps playing like this, and the power play gets a boost.... look out NHL. :wub:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 12:14 PM)

My personal fave.

Montreal Canadiens: I’ve made this recipe way more than any of you. I could easily do it again if I wanted to, but I just haven’t felt like it recently. Still, it was really great when I used to make it all the time a few decades ago. Would you like me to tell you about it? Let me tell you about it … [Click to expand comment. 72,000 more words.]