Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
So the Blackhawks are in town literally the night before my birthday in January. For anyone who's gone to a Hawks away game, how much is a lower deck seat worth to me and what is the appropriate thing to wear? Just red in general if I don't own the jersey?

This may not help much since Nashville has a "Keep the Red Out" campaign to keep Hawks fans from buying tickets, so the prices may have been inflated beyond normal Hawks away games, but we paid like $104 a seat to see the Hawks play Nashville in April and we sat in the upper deck near the top, lined up w/ a blue line I think.

Crawford made some incredible stops tonight, Kane flashed some sweet moves both at the end of regulation/OT and in the shootout, and Carcillo didn't get much more than maybe 4 minutes it seemed, which is good, but still 4 minutes too many. Also, I don't recall hearing or seeing Cumiskey out there tonight, so either he got Leddy'd already, or he was a healthy scratch.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 09:14 AM)
Carcillo on this team is just a joke. He only played 4:43 last night. So you know they don't trust him, so why is wasting a roster spot.

But toughness!

Even the Maple Leafs cut their enforcers Orr and McLaren.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
But toughness!

Even the Maple Leafs cut their enforcers Orr and McLaren.

Dallas proved last night that teams can get physical and dominate the Hawks, however we do not need an "enforcer" we just need a bit more size with skill.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 03:38 PM)
Jeff Nuich ‏@JeffNuich 1h1 hour ago

OFFICIAL: @CSNChicago posted its HIGHEST-RATED #Blackhawks season opener gm rtg in network HISTORY last night - 5.4 avg...225K+ peak viewers

I'm pretty surprised by that. Most people around me at work were shocked Hockey was starting.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 02:21 AM)
This may not help much since Nashville has a "Keep the Red Out" campaign to keep Hawks fans from buying tickets, so the prices may have been inflated beyond normal Hawks away games, but we paid like $104 a seat to see the Hawks play Nashville in April and we sat in the upper deck near the top, lined up w/ a blue line I think.

i think Balta should be able to skirt around that campaign because he doesnt live in Illinois. Unless they somehow force you to reveal your team loyalty before you buy a ticket

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
So the Blackhawks are in town literally the night before my birthday in January. For anyone who's gone to a Hawks away game, how much is a lower deck seat worth to me and what is the appropriate thing to wear? Just red in general if I don't own the jersey?

If you are ready to commit now, there are still face value tickets available from the box office.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/pittsburgh-pen...6004CFEE69639B7

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
I don't live in Illinois.

Balta does live in Pittsburgh, so they cant nail him for being out of state and try and jack up his price.

It really sucks that these teams do that though. If your teams cant keep opposing teams fans out by having their own fans actually use their own seats, then you shouldnt do the "keep the red out" campaigns, thats just bogus. You never see the Bears preventing Packers fans from coming into Soldier Field, or vice versa. You would think St Louis and their greatest fans evar would show up and not sell their seats

What an amazing game last night. The pre-game ice videos were f***ing nuts. They've done a good job of bringing the UC into 2014 over the last year or so.

I must say, it's finally happened. No more is the UC filled with a bunch of bandwagoners. The Blackhawks have been good long enough that these are real fans that watch every play, can talk hockey, etc. Chicago is finally a Blackhawks town again. This is a hell of a roster (even with Carcillo), and this is going to be an awesome season.

Go Hawks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 08:37 AM)
What an amazing game last night. The pre-game ice videos were f***ing nuts. They've done a good job of bringing the UC into 2014 over the last year or so.

I must say, it's finally happened. No more is the UC filled with a bunch of bandwagoners. The Blackhawks have been good long enough that these are real fans that watch every play, can talk hockey, etc. Chicago is finally a Blackhawks town again. This is a hell of a roster (even with Carcillo), and this is going to be an awesome season.

Go Hawks.

300 level sure, outside that not so much.

OT: but I met Jamal Mayers last night at Tavern on Milwaukee. Pretty cool guy (took a pic w him). He was incredibly wasted though.. In fact got kicked out twice before the bouncers even knew who he was. Did some "interesting" stuff in there as well that I was shocked by. Still cool to drink with though.