Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 2, 2015 -> 08:57 AM)
Crawford was only with the Hawks for the second one. Antti Niemi was there for the first one.

And there's not a single ounce of regret for choosing Hjalmarsson over Niemi after that first Cup.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
ChrisBlock ‏@ChrisBlock 6m6 minutes ago

Ben Smith has been traded to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for C Andrew Desjardins. Move clears #Blackhawks $750,000 in cap space.

Kind of sucks liked Smith.. But moves like this will need to be made if they want to resign Saad and they better!!

Edited by EvilJester99

Second City Hockey ‏@2ndCityHockey 8m8 minutes ago

With Sharks retaining 50% of Desjardins' salary, the 'Hawks have freed up $1.125 million in cap space this season by shedding Smith.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 10m10 minutes ago

Sharks retaining salary on Desjardins allows Hawks to keep Teravainen up

QUOTE (South Sider @ Mar 2, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
Vermette looks thrilled to be on this team, judging by his intermission interview. As a fan, that's really cool to see! I'm happy to have him here :)

And don't look now, but the Predators might finally be coming back to earth.

Other than the weather, I can't imagine there is much positive about playing for the Coyotes. Major breath of fresh air for him.

Ben Smith flew to SJ right after being traded, played last night and scored a goal and an assist, good for him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 3, 2015 -> 05:49 AM)
Other than the weather, I can't imagine there is much positive about playing for the Coyotes. Major breath of fresh air for him.

Ben Smith flew to SJ right after being traded, played last night and scored a goal and an assist, good for him.

I love Smith. He became one of my favorites after that 2011 Vancouver series. When he finally made the team for good, I was stoked. I thought for sure he'd be a big presence in our lineup, being able to contribute regularly. For whatever reason, it just didn't work this year... I don't exactly think there was a lack of chemistry on the 4th line... but it is sure strange that when Smith gets a new home, he finally scores, and without him on his line, Kruger finally scores.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch 4m4 minutes ago

According to media reports, ESPN officially rediscovers hockey: http://espnmediazone.com/us/?p=169768

But it's going to cut in to their segment time for Lebron and the games will air in place of some of their 20 hours of NFL programming a day.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch 4m4 minutes ago

According to media reports, ESPN officially rediscovers hockey: http://espnmediazone.com/us/?p=169768

Barry Melrose has a purpose again.

I will say, ESPN used to do awesome NHL games. Bill Clement and Gary Thorne were the bomb.

God, I was always so pissed when a Hawks home game was supposed to be on the Deuce and it got blacked out. Rot in hell, Bill Wirtz.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
Teuvo to take a seat Friday night for Desjardins. Q has never met a tough guy he didn't like

Heh... against a skilled team no less. I don't mind that's it's only a game though (better than sitting against the Blues / Kings / Preds etc.), but this better not be a weekly thing screwing with this kid's development. Richards and Roszival (maybe even Hossa) need to be sitting more to stay fresh as a PO draw near.

This is funny.

ESPN CHICAGO -- Newly-acquired Chicago Blackhawks forward Andrew Desjardins got the pronunciation question out of the way first thing on Wednesday.

He pronounced it “Deh-zhahr-din”.

“Just because I don’t speak French, and I don’t want to confuse them,” Desjardins said on his first day with the Blackhawks since being acquired from the San Jose Sharks on Monday. “People that are going to try to speak French to me, so keep it as English pronunciation as possible.”

Up to the Hawks to win it tonight. None of this playing down to your competition nonsense. Edmonton is going to bring it tonight and the Hawks need to be on top of their game. Nashvilles dropped 5 in a row and St. Louis lost last night too. If the Hawks can get on a roll here... first in the division may still be possible.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 07:44 AM)
Up to the Hawks to win it tonight. None of this playing down to your competition nonsense. Edmonton is going to bring it tonight and the Hawks need to be on top of their game. Nashvilles dropped 5 in a row and St. Louis lost last night too. If the Hawks can get on a roll here... first in the division may still be possible.

If they didn't blow that 8-game homestand, they could be sitting pretty right now.