Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 28, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
Patrick Sharp has managed to sleep with every player's wife/girlfriend every year the Hawks haven't won the Cup. Impressive.

But in 2010 he slept with Martin Erat's SO and Jimmy Howard's SO in 2013. The difference between two Cups and zero Cups.

Great work on the Vermette deal, love to see them going for it despite the injury. If they can survive until Kaner comes back, watch out.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 1, 2015 -> 04:50 AM)
Like the deal as well. Windows close very quickly, need to strike while the opportunity is there. Goes without saying it all comes down to when Kane can come back healthy. It's a race against the clock.

Additionally, they should be able to stockpile some draft picks back this summer with trades of guys like Shark, Bickell and possibly Crawford.

it is a steep price to pay, esp for a expiring contract. if this deal works out and a Stanley Cup comes from it, then it is a good payment.

i wouldn't count on Bickell being easily moved not with his contract and performance. i wouldn't be surprise at Shark being moved now.... as for Crawford, who will replace him???

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 1, 2015 -> 07:59 AM)
it is a steep price to pay, esp for a expiring contract. if this deal works out and a Stanley Cup comes from it, then it is a good payment.

i wouldn't count on Bickell being easily moved not with his contract and performance. i wouldn't be surprise at Shark being moved now.... as for Crawford, who will replace him???

Scott Darling, a cheap veteran backup, plus a solid defenseman you sign with the cap savings.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 1, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
Scott Darling, a cheap veteran backup, plus a solid defenseman you sign with the cap savings.

that is one what to think about it. but the hawks needed crawford in goal on the 2 wins of the stanly cup. if i remembered correctly. he was the difference maker.

If the Hawks love Darling as much as it seems, then the ideal scenario is that you still ride Crawford this postseason. I'm pretty sure Crawford will play well, again. He's a good goaltender and can turn it up for the playoffs. Ideally, he does extremely well and the Hawks are able to trade him in the offseason. Then, you have Darling ready to take over, for a much smaller price. You just have to be sure that Darling is going to be able to at least match Crawfords production going forward.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 2, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
Trade deadline is crazy in the NHL already. Already 3 trades and it's not even 8:30 yet. (Potentially 4 if the Voynov rumor is true)

I was worried today might be a dud given how many moves were made already, but maybe not.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 1, 2015 -> 08:34 AM)
that is one what to think about it. but the hawks needed crawford in goal on the 2 wins of the stanly cup. if i remembered correctly. he was the difference maker.

Crawford was only with the Hawks for the second one. Antti Niemi was there for the first one.