Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
Hawks don't get out of the first round without Darling. He was magnificent against Nashville. Hawks need to do everything in their power to get rid of Bickell. And I'd rather see Versteeg dealt next over Sharp.

Versteeg doesn't have nearly the cap hit either.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
I believe Florida was paying half his salary too.

RIP CapGeek and the site's owner, that was the best resource.

yeah... i know. the other part of that group made another site like capgeek and has a nice write up on him.

i can't remember the name something like fanguide or something.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that you can't do that anymore under the new CBA.

wow, i didn't know that. got to see how that unfolds.

many thanks

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:52 AM)
Sharp will be traded. You get rid of his salary and he will probably bring you back one of the draft picks they lost this year.

Bickell might not bring back as much, but teams are going to always get excited about his size, so he shouldn't be that hard to move.

You can only hold back $900K of the salary. The rest is still with the big club.

Bickell won't get as much as we think. MAYBE a 3rd rounder.

Sharp is gone. Hopefully to Washington or Montreal, for his sake. He's been a trooper and deserves to go somewhere he can win.

Crawford will only go if StanBo is blown away by an offer.

Saad, Kruger, Desjardins, Richards...all back. Oduya, unless he decides to be a nice guy, is gone. Roszival, Vermette, Cumiskey...gone.

Rundblad, traded.

IMHO.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
Not sure about Richards. I bet he wants to come back and will probably come back cheap.

They do have some better depth at center in the organization, so they might not need him.

He wants to. He has a good relationship with Kaner. He's being paid by the NYR. He doesn't need a ton of money. I bet he comes back.

1C Toews

2C Richards

3C Kruger

4C Danault

Some who can play center but don't need to: Shaw, TT, Desjardins.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
He will probably be a winger if they bring Richards back.

If not he has always played center through his career.

Toews

TT

Kruger

Danault

I just prefer my centers to have a bit more defensive ability than I believe he does but if it works it works.

If I'm honest with myself, and I'm Richards, and I'm facing 2-3 more years of being paid as a millionaire before likely not getting more income again, I may go for a final big check.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 09:39 PM)
You can only hold back $900K of the salary. The rest is still with the big club.

Bickell won't get as much as we think. MAYBE a 3rd rounder.

Sharp is gone. Hopefully to Washington or Montreal, for his sake. He's been a trooper and deserves to go somewhere he can win.

Crawford will only go if StanBo is blown away by an offer.

Saad, Kruger, Desjardins, Richards...all back. Oduya, unless he decides to be a nice guy, is gone. Roszival, Vermette, Cumiskey...gone.

Rundblad, traded.

IMHO.

interesting and i will post why later in this post.

4.0 mil - Bickell

2.2 mil - versteeg

2.0 mil - richard, do you think he will give up a bigger contract to resign with the hawks for 2 mil?

900 K - Vermette

100 K - Desjardins

600 K - Rundblad

600 K - Carcillo

600 K - Cumiskey

1.3 mil - Timonen

2.2 mil - Rozsival

3.4 mil - Oduya

re bolded - needs to be traded.

so that is what is needed in player to fill the team next yr and let alone if any are resigned, that is what will bother me, the cost.

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/chicago-blackhawks

now comes the spicy things, Saad and his new contract. i hope, and i am not a fan of Bowman, that will not overpay for him like Bickell, but his contract needs to be #1 to take care off.

next thing i would do is reach out to a rfa and offer a huge contract for the right one, and / or make a trade with the team. i would offer the contract.

so what is the penalty of signing a rfa that is not yours. this player |s|i looking at will be in the 6.5 mil range. so the hawks will loose 4 - first rounders.

before anyone jumps on me..... 4 - 1 rnd in the 28-30 in pick, a pick that will take time to develop and more importantly, the hawks can use this young 23 yr superstar player to help get more stanley cups.

it is not like the system doesn't have players to get them over this, but they will continue to draft in round 2 - 7.

it is a win - win idea.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
now comes the spicy things, Saad and his new contract. i hope, and i am not a fan of Bowman, that will not overpay for him like Bickell, but his contract needs to be #1 to take care off.

next thing i would do is reach out to a rfa and offer a huge contract for the right one, and / or make a trade with the team. i would offer the contract.

so what is the penalty of signing a rfa that is not yours. this player |s|i looking at will be in the 6.5 mil range. so the hawks will loose 4 - first rounders.

before anyone jumps on me..... 4 - 1 rnd in the 28-30 in pick, a pick that will take time to develop and more importantly, the hawks can use this young 23 yr superstar player to help get more stanley cups.

it is not like the system doesn't have players to get them over this, but they will continue to draft in round 2 - 7.

it is a win - win idea.

You're telling me you want to get rid of a 22 year old, up and coming star in Brandon Saad for unknown 1st round draft picks?

How do you not like Bowman? He has recognized the core of this group, build around them, and has brought this city 3 championships in 6 years.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 04:04 PM)
He wants to. He has a good relationship with Kaner. He's being paid by the NYR. He doesn't need a ton of money. I bet he comes back.

1C Toews

2C Richards

3C Kruger

4C Danault

Some who can play center but don't need to: Shaw, TT, Desjardins.

I would love Shaw to stay as a RW.