Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
Sharp is going to be dealt soon. Florida? Jackets? Islanders?

Maybe Oilers or Rangers as well.

Sad to see Sharp go. I know it has to happen, but he was here from the start of this rebuild.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)

Sharpie, the writing is in the sky. this yr salary maneuvering will need to be very creative and on the dime.

i wish he would have retired as a blackhawks but oh well, the team needs to go forward.

now come the rtn, sharp and his 5.0 + mil contract, for 2 yrs more. i wonder what the hawks would accept?

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)

There's a hockey board called HFBoards. Similar to this site but for all teams. A lot of people think Sharp to Florida for Trochek and a 2nd is the most logical fit.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
There's a hockey board called HFBoards. Similar to this site but for all teams. A lot of people think Sharp to Florida for Trochek and a 2nd is the most logical fit.

yeah there isn't a good rumor board for hockey and the going on.

i remembered when most of came over, i asked Jason if he would create another soxtalk for the bulls and blackhawks.

well, that was my idea and i take full blame, esp in it failing.... i really freel like shiite for my opinions, but i will always have a special opinions on the mods and admin b/c of that.

hf future is ok, but i really don't believe in anything that comes from that site. btw i am talking about their forum.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
yeah there isn't a good rumor board for hockey and the going on.

i remembered when most of came over, i asked Jason if he would create another soxtalk for the bulls and blackhawks.

well, that was my idea and i take full blame, esp in it failing.... i really freel like shiite for my opinions, but i will always have a special opinions on the mods and admin b/c of that.

hf future is ok, but i really don't believe in anything that comes from that site. btw i am talking about their forum.

Oh I agree that I don't believe anything from that site, it's just interesting giving ideas and proposals like this site.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
[/b]

Oh I agree that I don't believe anything from that site, it's just interesting giving ideas and proposals like this site.

oh but i still a good reader of that forum. i read all sorts of stuff and i need to keep reading. i love to read anything new. eventually, if you can piece things together.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 04:52 PM)
That is a great point actually. It is like having Albert Einstein in the room, but not asking him about your physics homework.

from what i wrote, you made an excellent point.

what i neglected in adding,

that is not the point, bowman was at the time, may have been employed with another team...

that had always been my belief. well it bothered me and i am now saying, i was very wrong in this belief and my whole statement was totally off based with regard to bowman, father and son.

here is a snippett on bowman history

In July 2008, he took a position as Senior Advisor of Hockey Operations for the Chicago Blackhawks to work alongside his son Stan Bowman, who is the General Manager

so in essence you and many others were right.

Well the rally was a blast. Previous 2 times I was on the parade route, this time I was able to go see the rally, and get tickets inside Soldier Field.

We had a group of 12. We took the 4:50 train to the city and staring drinking by 4 am. Then we just slammed drinks on the train and the city. Rally was fun, danced a lot, took pictures with random strangers, then took a cab to a friend's apartment near the Sears tower, then drank some more at some bars, then finally went home at 10 pm. It was a LONG LONG LONG day of drinking. So tired and now I'm off to work. Ugh,

I got some more stories to tell when I get home from work. It involves naked girls and finger blasting strangers. :lol: :lol:

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
Well the rally was a blast. Previous 2 times I was on the parade route, this time I was able to go see the rally, and get tickets inside Soldier Field.

We had a group of 12. We took the 4:50 train to the city and staring drinking by 4 am. Then we just slammed drinks on the train and the city. Rally was fun, danced a lot, took pictures with random strangers, then took a cab to a friend's apartment near the Sears tower, then drank some more at some bars, then finally went home at 10 pm. It was a LONG LONG LONG day of drinking. So tired and now I'm off to work. Ugh,

I got some more stories to tell when I get home from work. It involves naked girls and finger blasting strangers. :lol: :lol:

Is that when one points their finger at someone and does the fake gun shot motion? I am so confused.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
with ref to those players you mention. campbell was a first round pick who was picked #3. at the time many thought he would develop to be a better player.

Huet, the team needed goalies and at the time needed players at key position. the rfa, the team didn't have any choice but to offer the offer sheet. yeah everything happened at one time, but decisions had to be made for the sake of the team, esp for the future.

that is why i keeping stating on the having the cost and contract spread out.

but with this team they were able to win the first stanley cup. a special win. the last time was in the 1960's.

the GM does not have the ability to have hindsight to make better judgement.

blackhawks roster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%93...ackhawks_season

I think you need to check your history. I don't mean that to be rude, but this is just flat out wrong.

By the way, hockeybuzz is pretty good.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 05:13 PM)
I think you need to check your history. I don't mean that to be rude, but this is just flat out wrong.

I think he meant Barker, not Campbell, in terms of going #3 and was supposed to be great.

Hockeybuzz is run by Eklund who is garbage.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)

or nhlnumbers.com

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)
Sharpie, the writing is in the sky. this yr salary maneuvering will need to be very creative and on the dime.

i wish he would have retired as a blackhawks but oh well, the team needs to go forward.

now come the rtn, sharp and his 5.0 + mil contract, for 2 yrs more. i wonder what the hawks would accept?

I read today the Hawks want a 1st OR 2nd and an A prospect OR a young guy who has NHL experience with a chance to be a big contributor.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
Maybe Oilers or Rangers as well.

Sad to see Sharp go. I know it has to happen, but he was here from the start of this rebuild.

I don't think the Hawks trade him inside the West unless they're blown away by Edmonton's offer.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 10:16 AM)

This would be fine by me. Trocheck last year in Florida had 22 points in 50 games. He has a chance to be a 3rd line C one day.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)

I hope those "strangers " were consenting adults or you might not want to be bragging about that online. :huh:

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)

you are sooo right, damn it is a bite getting old., the player i was thinking about is cam barker

brain campbell is and was a very good player.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/c/campbbr02.html

many thanks on the classy way you brought that mistake to my attention. :cheers

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 11:43 PM)
I think he meant Barker, not Campbell, in terms of going #3 and was supposed to be great.

or nhlnumbers.com

I read today the Hawks want a 1st OR 2nd and an A prospect OR a young guy who has NHL experience with a chance to be a big contributor.

I don't think the Hawks trade him inside the West unless they're blown away by Edmonton's offer.

This would be fine by me. Trocheck last year in Florida had 22 points in 50 games. He has a chance to be a 3rd line C one day.

wow, nice info there.

i did not see your response and you are right, many thanks.

ref sharp and expected rtn..... honestly do you think the hawks will get that kind of haul??? i really mean no disrespect,i just don't know.

ref Trocheck... not me. i don't think it is a fair rtn.

btw, you should post more.... you seem to know a lot. this site, soxtalk need more great poster like you.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
I hope those "strangers " were consenting adults or you might not want to be bragging about that online. :huh:

He at least made it a point to separate the naked girls from the strangers of an unspecified gender he was finger blasting.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
wow, nice info there.

i did not see your response and you are right, many thanks.

ref sharp and expected rtn..... honestly do you think the hawks will get that kind of haul??? i really mean no disrespect,i just don't know.

ref Trocheck... not me. i don't think it is a fair rtn.

btw, you should post more.... you seem to know a lot. this site, soxtalk need more great poster like you.

I think it's a fair return. You have to remember that teams know that the Hawks are in cap hell. They know that the Hawks will essentially do anything to get rid of Sharp, despite not showing that hand now. They will end up waiting it out and realizing that no one team will take Sharp while giving up a lot. He's not the player he used to be. Even when he was a good player, he was nowhere worth 5.9 million annually, which is what he's due to get the next 2 seasons.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 11:28 PM)
He at least made it a point to separate the naked girls from the strangers of an unspecified gender he was finger blasting.

Nah, I didn't do any of the finger blasting. Myself and my buddies and my brother all got in to the rally. But another group of my friends were on the parade route where they ran in to the naked chick. All she had on (her upper body) was little 1 inch strips of duct tape across her nipples. She needed great tits to pull that off, and she had them. Her friend, on the other hand, shouted out to my friends something about not being f***ed in a while. One of my buddies leaned over and said "Oh yeah?", jokingly. She then asked him to go smoke with her in the back of the crowd. He really doesn't even smoke pot much now that we're out of college, but he wanted to see where it would go. Well, it ended up with her grinding on him and his hand down her pants finger blasting her. :lol: :lol: Probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard my friends do. He was so f***ing drunk we teased him the whole rest of the night for it. I wonder where she had gotten in her life to where she's just inviting random strangers to finger f*** her in a crowd at a parade. I think she said she was 20, so I guess that's what kids do these days. :P

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
I think it's a fair return. You have to remember that teams know that the Hawks are in cap hell. They know that the Hawks will essentially do anything to get rid of Sharp, despite not showing that hand now. They will end up waiting it out and realizing that no one team will take Sharp while giving up a lot. He's not the player he used to be. Even when he was a good player, he was nowhere worth 5.9 million annually, which is what he's due to get the next 2 seasons.

excellent point a process of elimination based on the need of the club to get out from under the contract. however you also provided excellent reason why it is still needed.

very good. now i have to look into what you are saying to have to rethink my thought process.

many thanks.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
Lebrun went on a Canadian radio show and said he thinks Sharp will ultimately go to Washington. I'd gladly take Kuznetsov off of their hands.

Not a chance that happens.

I'm thinking a 1st or 2nd and Carrick for Sharp.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 06:43 PM)

I never read Eklund. I read the bloggers and MOST of them are pretty good. I'm impressed with the Blackhawks guy and the Lightning guy. Eklund and Tanner are idiots.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
I never read Eklund. I read the bloggers and MOST of them are pretty good. I'm impressed with the Blackhawks guy and the Lightning guy. Eklund and Tanner are idiots.

Jaeckel is a bafoon. He spits rumors that are never true. Pretty sure he's never gotten one right.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:59 AM)
Jaeckel is a bafoon. He spits rumors that are never true. Pretty sure he's never gotten one right.

This. At least Eklund gets one rumor/trade right out of every 50. Jaeckel is batting .000 Kane was suppose to be dealt every year according to him.