White v Giants Game 2

bjm676

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 01:42 PM)
I still don't get why pitchers are going inside to Jose, but play with fire and you get BURNED. Also, the saga of Conor Gillaspie: The Kid Who Only Hit Line Drives continues.

Pitchers always did the same thing with Alfonso Soriano. Throw him a slider low and away, he will swing and miss EVERY time. Instead they try to sneak fastballs in there, boom home run.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 01:47 PM)
Pitchers always did the same thing with Alfonso Soriano. Throw him a slider low and away, he will swing and miss EVERY time. Instead they try to sneak fastballs in there, boom home run.

Ryne Sandberg as well.

Edited by Dick Allen

Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 40s

It's also the first time since April 11th that Chris Sale has allowed a hit in the first 3 innings of a game.

Batters are now 1-31 (3 walks, 15 strikeouts) vs Chris Sale in the first inning this season. Posey's single was first hit allowed.

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 01:42 PM)
I still don't get why pitchers are going inside to Jose, but play with fire and you get BURNED. Also, the saga of Conor Gillaspie: The Kid Who Only Hit Line Drives continues.

Sometimes I would have to believe they are just making mistakes in(i.e. not getting it in far enough)....but I agree that people should continue to throw low and away until Abreu adjusts.