2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
He's updating the thread with relevant Bulls news, you are arguing with nobody right now.

I agree. Keep the updates coming, I appreciate them.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)
It's Summer League. It's good, but it's Summer League.

Agree here as well.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 04:28 PM)
Thanks. Didn't know they were playing a day game, hope there is a replay.

If you are watching, let me know if Billy Baron does anything fun.

This.

Nothing good outta Baron so far.....McDermott with a "Nate Robinson-esque" 3 that he splashed home. Up to 20 points now

I'm aware its summer league but he's still making shots with hands in his face....Also has looked like a solid passer....He's gonna be fun.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 04:24 PM)
ZZZ

It was never about whether McDermott could score, it has always been about what is the plan when you add Mirotic, Gasol, McDermott and dont really address other needs.

But if McDermott is playing PG/SG that is something to discuss, otherwise the guy who was a great scorer in college should continue to be a great scorer going up against similar college level talent.

I just don't understand this argument. The Bulls were last in offense last year, so they went out and got guys that are skilled on offense. They addressed the most glaring need they had. What about that doesn't make sense to you? Do you really think a backup guard was more important than guys that can score in a variety of ways?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
Kevin Love is NOT a top 5 player in the NBA. Get real, damn

Completely agree. I'd take Lebron, Durant, George, Melo, and Chris Paul over him, for starters. Could add to the list but just rolled the first 5 that came to my head off the list.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
His PER last few seasons:

13-14: 3

11-12: 5

10-11: 4

Outside if the 3 obvious players, I don't see 2 others with a great argument over Love for being top 5. At worst he's 6th or 7th.

Mega stat padding going on. I don't think that PER is a very accurate reflection of him being a top 3 player. If he was, he'd have made the playoffs at some point. I love Love but I think he's more of a top 15 player, borderline top 10.

I assume by including George you are talking about ... wait Paul George. Paul George is not better than Kevin Love. Paul George isn't even a top ten player. You think Paul George is better than Westbrook? Howard? Davis? Love? You are nuts. This board is so stupidly against Kevin Love just because Felix was annoying.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 04:53 PM)
Completely agree. I'd take Lebron, Durant, George, Melo, and Chris Paul over him, for starters. Could add to the list but just rolled the first 5 that came to my head off the list.

I think Melo was a better fit for the Bulls but if I'm starting a team I'm taking Love over Anthony. Love over Paul George as well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 02:55 PM)
I assume by including George you are talking about ... wait Paul George. Paul George is not better than Kevin Love. Paul George isn't even a top ten player. You think Paul George is better than Westbrook? Howard? Davis? Love? You are nuts. This board is so stupidly against Kevin Love just because Felix was annoying.

I think I'd rather have Paul George then Kevin Love, all things considered. Or at least consider it. Like I said, my listing was in no particular order, just a random 5 I have who was better then Love.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
I think Melo was a better fit for the Bulls but if I'm starting a team I'm taking Love over Anthony. Love over Paul George as well.

Starting a team is a different answer; You factor age, etc, but Carmelo Anthony is a better player today, then Kevin Love, imo. PS: I actually like Kevin Love a lot; He just isn't top 5.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 04:40 PM)
I just don't understand this argument. The Bulls were last in offense last year, so they went out and got guys that are skilled on offense. They addressed the most glaring need they had. What about that doesn't make sense to you? Do you really think a backup guard was more important than guys that can score in a variety of ways?

Most glaring need was an athletic SG/SF, second biggest need was a back up guard who could play PG/SG.

McDermott is a nice scorer, but there is a huge log jam at that spot.

Im not sure what is hard to understand about the fact that at most only 3 of Gasol, Noah and Mirotic/McDermott/Taj can be on the floor at any time. Which means that 2 positions have been left pretty barren.

Not sure what is complicated about that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 04:57 PM)
I think I'd rather have Paul George then Kevin Love, all things considered. Or at least consider it. Like I said, my listing was in no particular order, just a random 5 I have who was better then Love.

He'd be filthy on this roster.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)
He'd be filthy on this roster.

Who? George or Love? Cause on this roster, I'm taking George over Love. To be frank I'm doing that on most rosters. Love is a great two way player (presuming you can get some of his off the court issues that turned into on the court issues taken care of).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 05:04 PM)
Who? George or Love? Cause on this roster, I'm taking George over Love. To be frank I'm doing that on most rosters. Love is a great two way player (presuming you can get some of his off the court issues that turned into on the court issues taken care of).

I was talking about Paul George. For this roster, he'd be absolutely filthy. Deadly from 3 point range and a lockdown defender at SG (move noBuckets to SF where he belongs).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
Most glaring need was an athletic SG/SF, second biggest need was a back up guard who could play PG/SG.

McDermott is a nice scorer, but there is a huge log jam at that spot.

Im not sure what is hard to understand about the fact that at most only 3 of Gasol, Noah and Mirotic/McDermott/Taj can be on the floor at any time. Which means that 2 positions have been left pretty barren.

Not sure what is complicated about that.

We disagree on the need. The need was scoring, from basically anywhere but PG. And that's exactly what they did.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 05:09 PM)
I was talking about Paul George. For this roster, he'd be absolutely filthy. Deadly from 3 point range and a lockdown defender at SG (move noBuckets to SF where he belongs).

You're better than this. Doug isn't playing SG and that nickname is turrable.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 05:30 PM)
I think referring to Jimmy noBUckets.

Whoops...In that case well played.

Mike McGraw ‏@McGrawDHBulls 4m

Bulls have hit 40-of-78 3ptrs in summer league. McDermott is 11-21; Snell 12-23

Save some of that hot sauce for the regular season boys.

Edited by scs787