2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)
lol SAS is now on the Bulls' side.

I have to say, this honestly makes me feel kinda good.

Maybe Melo read that grantland article and it swayed him.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)
Me thinks SAS is just milking a little more out of this story. Melo is staying in NY. I do love Gage's posts though. They make me happy.

He probably is, but this is still best place. Somehow Bulls got to get that S&T option engrained in Melo's camp and that it is realistic.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:28 AM)
SAS is a better source than Isola and the NY Daily News but that's not saying much.

It's annoying no one is working on this case it the deuxcision going on.

The caveat was at the end he said he still thought Melo would stay in NY... I was surprised how adamant he was about Lebron going to Cleveland though.

He said the meeting with Riley was to let him know he was out of there.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

In fairness to SAS, and I despise SAS, he did call the 3some to the Heat in 2010. He's got some good sources.

I still think Melo is waiting for Lebron's decision. If Lebron goes to Cleveland, he's not going to New York. Maybe that's enough to get Melo to at least tell the Knicks he wants to go to the Bulls and to work out a S&T.

SAS now coming on ESPN 1000 to talk about fact Bulls are still in it. Interesting given how they were out of it per SAS a couple days back. Usually people tend to stick to their story unless good info comes the other way. Maybe there is some truth to this.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
SAS now coming on ESPN 1000 to talk about fact Bulls are still in it. Interesting given how they were out of it per SAS a couple days back. Usually people tend to stick to their story unless good info comes the other way. Maybe there is some truth to this.

I can't decide whether I love your or hate you Gage. This is mean or really nice.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:37 AM)
I can't decide whether I love your or hate you Gage. This is mean or really nice.

I've been thinking with logic for a while. But some heart has gotten in the way. It just seems like most everything is BS and I heard SAS this morning on my drive in and you could tell he was frustrated by the amount of misinformation that is out there and that it seems more and more like no one knows what is real.

I guess the Bulls did reach out to Lance Stephenson today. This would be the first time they've really done anything which could work against certain things. I've long felt the Bulls inaction was another very good indicator of the fact that they still thought they had a good chance.

SAS: He got a call at 5pm yesterday saying hold on. Don't believe what you hear, Carmelo is having second thoughts. His family and him and thinking about Chicago. Also talks about how Phil is playing hard ball on S&T which might be why Melo has been leaning hard to Knicks. Clearly he isn't taking 50M less to play in Chicago. One less year and slightly less sure, but 50M, hahahaa.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
SAS: He got a call at 5pm yesterday saying hold on. Don't believe what you hear, Carmelo is having second thoughts. His family and him and thinking about Chicago. Also talks about how Phil is playing hard ball on S&T which might be why Melo has been leaning hard to Knicks. Clearly he isn't taking 50M less to play in Chicago. One less year and slightly less sure, but 50M, hahahaa.

Honestly, if phil plays hardball, bulls should have made very clear they'll trade taj.

Another option is Bulls have said, remember Melo, if no S&T, we can work this other avenue and land Pau in a deal with Lakers for Boozer and then move Taj to clear up enough money to offer you a full max deal here (without a S&T). We really like Taj and believe in him but Pau would be a good replacement.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
Honestly, if phil plays hardball, bulls should have made very clear they'll trade taj.

Haha...see my next post (which I was writing when you made this post). I wonder if that is exactly what they are doing with Pau (kind of an alternative). Or at least start putting some reports out there that you have came up with options to get the Knicks worried.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)

Or the report was from a Knicks beat writer who wanted traffic to his tabloid. But yeah

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)

Don't you get it? Gage is being overly optimistic in an elaborate plan to drive traffic to his website. He's the Chris Broussard of Chicago White Sox message boards. #EvilGenius

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 03:54 PM)
Don't you get it? Gage is being overly optimistic in an elaborate plan to drive traffic to his website. He's the Chris Broussard of Chicago White Sox message boards. #EvilGenius

:lol: