6/23/2014 White Sox @ Orioles

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 06:29 PM)
Chris not fooling them do far

Is this the game where all of the scouting reports abut Sale throwing alot of change ups catches up to him? They've figured out that it is coming instead of the slider and since it's his 3rd pitch, they can kill it?

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 12:02 AM)
Is this the game where all of the scouting reports abut Sale throwing alot of change ups catches up to him? They've figured out that it is coming instead of the slider and since it's his 3rd pitch, they can kill it?

I know you disagree with the philosophy, but I really hope they start limiting his pitch counts if this team continues to slide. He's not looked nearly as sharp in 3 of his last 4 games now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 07:04 PM)
I know you disagree with the philosophy, but I really hope they start limiting his pitch counts if this team continues to slide. He's not looked nearly as sharp in 3 of his last 4 games now.

I disagree with a strict pitch count in a given game. However, given his history I would definitely skip a start every now and then for the same reason.

Edit: let me re-phrase that. It came out wrong. I would give him a few extra days between starts every now and them to give him a true break. Limiting him by 15-20 pitches in starts will not have the same effect.

Edited by ptatc