Open Letter to RH

Andy the Clown

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:01 PM)
If you do not dump the salary of Beckham, Danks, or Dunn, you really failed the organization. And I'm your biggest fan.

Sincerely,

AtC

Seriously? Beckham and Danks are both bad players. Why would someone pay Beckham when they can bring up a minor leaguer making much less and producing just as much? Danks is a back-end rotation arm and makes $15 million per year, no one wants that. And Dunn can only play one position, DH.

They are not good players and no one wants them.

This thread is kind of ridiculous. Of course RH wants to get rid of these players. It is obsurd that you would say he failed the organization if he doesn't dump those salalaries. THEY ARE ALL PLAYERS NOT DESERVING OF THEIR CONTRACTS. Why would anyone want that?

I don't see any of them getting traded today. Put them all on waivers in August and see what happens. Hopefully we can get rid of a couple of them and bring up some youngins to play the last month or two.

Seriously? Beckham and Danks are both bad players. Why would someone pay Beckham when they can bring up a minor leaguer making much less and producing just as much? Danks is a back-end rotation arm and makes $15 million per year, no one wants that. And Dunn can only play one position, DH.

They are not good players and no one wants them.

They don't need FULL salary relief, but if they could get someone to pay half of Danks' salary for example, that would be a major win.

The franchise is not low on money. Danks is earning too much for now, but the money he would get from us wouldn't be allocated differently. What difference does it make if our payroll is $40M, $55M, or $70M next year?

The Tigers get Price, and we can't even dump Beckham to free up room for Semien.

Pathetic.

The Sox don't have to dump Beckham to free up room for Semien. If the Sox want Semien to get major league time, they can option LGarcia to AAA, let Semien start at 2B, and make Beckham a platoon partner with Gillaspie.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:08 PM)
This thread is kind of ridiculous. Of course RH wants to get rid of these players. It is obsurd that you would say he failed the organization if he doesn't dump those salalaries. THEY ARE ALL PLAYERS NOT DESERVING OF THEIR CONTRACTS. Why would anyone want that?

I don't see any of them getting traded today. Put them all on waivers in August and see what happens. Hopefully we can get rid of a couple of them and bring up some youngins to play the last month or two.

This sums it up.

If Dunn, ADA and Beckham cannot be traded then just flat out release them and move on.

I think Sox fans have to finally realize the lack of value in the players they wanted traded.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 04:46 PM)
This sums it up.

If Dunn, ADA and Beckham cannot be traded then just flat out release them and move on.

I think Sox fans have to finally realize the lack of value in the players they wanted traded.

I still think the Sox pick up a little of Dunn's salary and get a live arm. I could also legitimately seeing them re-sign him too (or attempting to) and keeping him in this platoon situation.

De Aza and Beckham, yeah, they're not much more than bench fodder at this point.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 04:49 PM)
I still think the Sox pick up a little of Dunn's salary and get a live arm. I could also legitimately seeing them re-sign him too (or attempting to) and keeping him in this platoon situation.

De Aza and Beckham, yeah, they're not much more than bench fodder at this point.

Hope you're right about Dunn my man! If you are, I swear TUC and I should send a bunch of Chicago style pizzas your way! :D

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
We are rebuilding, have a string of injuries and are in the WC hunt. We also signed the ROTY and a possible MVP candidate.

Hahn sucks.

Seriously! Its not Hahn's fault these players aren't worth their contracts.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 05:11 PM)
He could dump Beckham's sorry ass at least. What a joke this deadline was.

DFA the sorry sonf of a b****

Ultimately I think Dunn, Beckham and ADA end up DFA'd. I just don't see any takers. I know I wouldn't want them.

As for the deadline, not too surprised since the Sox were essentially trying to acquire something for pretty much nothing.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 05:11 PM)
He could dump Beckham's sorry ass at least. What a joke this deadline was.

DFA the sorry sonf of a b****

What's he doing to hurt the team over his replacement? They literally dont have to make a single move right now.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 05:27 PM)
What's he doing to hurt the team over his replacement? They literally dont have to make a single move right now.

Could get Marcus some valuable major league at bats. I wasn't in a rush to just dump Dunn and especially not Danks but I would have liked to see Gordon moved.

I dont blame Hahn for any of this since it takes another team to take players. To no surprise teams didnt feel like giving up anything for the players we had available. There really isnt a reason to keep Gordon though. Just release him and let him find a new home.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 05:44 PM)
I dont blame Hahn for any of this since it takes another team to take players. To no surprise teams didnt feel like giving up anything for the players we had available. There really isnt a reason to keep Gordon though. Just release him and let him find a new home.

If Semien were tearing up AAA, I would agree even though I am a Beckham fan. He's not, and he showed earlier despite some huge hits, he needed more seasoning. If something comes along in the next month where you can get something for Beckham, fine. If not, wait until rosters expand and get him some time. Things change in 30 days sometimes.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 05:53 PM)
If Semien were tearing up AAA, I would agree even though I am a Beckham fan. He's not, and he showed earlier despite some huge hits, he needed more seasoning. If something comes along in the next month where you can get something for Beckham, fine. If not, wait until rosters expand and get him some time. Things change in 30 days sometimes.

Do you think something is going to dramatically change with Gordon in a month?