8/2 Games

Ozzie Ball

I believe I was the only person to put Omar Narvaez in my midseason top 30, he's starting to get really interesting to me.

Came into tonight hitting .321/.431/.440 with Winston-Salem, he's 1-1 with a double and a walk tonight.

Between Kanny and WS, hitting .303/.373/.365. 26 walks and 20 strikeouts. Just needs some power. He's thrown out 45% of runners in the pros. Not much info on his receiving.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 09:23 PM)
Have there been any reports from the AZL about his velocity?

Jay Hashop @sevenfuturehit 11m

Okay. Spencer Adams has an arm.

Jay Hashop @sevenfuturehit 8m

Spencer Adams B1: FB 93-94 T95 flashes late jolt, SL/CT thing 86-88 can really swerve. Yikes.

Lucky those were in the past 10 minutes or so because there's a role-playing account on Twitter called Spencer Adams and any time I look for anything on the pitcher I have to scroll through about 813 messages from some fat old dude to some other fat old dude role-playing as his wife.

Adams with 3 strikeouts in the third, 3.0 IP, 2H, 0R, 0BB, 5K. Kid is so legit.

Jay Hashop @sevenfuturehit · 4s

Not a fan of how short Adams gets with his arm and his lack of extension in stride, but there's a ton of pure arm speed and good movement.

Jay Hashop @sevenfuturehit · 19s

It showed more downward break and he threw it at 84 last inning, so I'm calling it a slider. A damn good one.

Jay Hashop @sevenfuturehit · 30s

I don't know whether Spencer Adams calls his high-80s pitch a slider or a cutter, but when it's on, it's near unhittable.

Edited by Feeky Magee

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 09:32 PM)
Lucky those were in the past 10 minutes or so because there's a role-playing account on Twitter called Spencer Adams and any time I look for anything on the pitcher I have to scroll through about 813 messages from some fat old dude to some other fat old dude role-playing as his wife.

lol wut?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)
lol wut?

People set up Twitter accounts to role-play, basically playing a character and interacting with other people pretending to be their friends/rivals/lovers etc. One of them has named himself Spencer Adams (a UFC fighter married to a fitness trainer), and every time I try to search Twitter for updates, every goddamn one of his mentions shows up in the search.

Scroll down https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q...ms&src=typd

Meanwhile, the non-UFC fighting Spencer Adams is 4.0 IP, 2H, 0R, 0BB, 7K.

Alan ‏@ProfessorFog 11m

@johnmanuelba Can I be excited about Spencer Adams yet?

Reply Retweet Favorite Delete

John Manuel ‏@johnmanuelba 5m

@ProfessorFog loved him pre-draft. Some scouts thought we were high on him but we had him in 1st rd. @Clint_BA a big believer.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 10:40 PM)
Alan ‏@ProfessorFog 11m

@johnmanuelba Can I be excited about Spencer Adams yet?

John Manuel ‏@johnmanuelba 5m

@ProfessorFog loved him pre-draft. Some scouts thought we were high on him but we had him in 1st rd. @Clint_BA a big believer.

Clint Longenecker ‏@Clint_BA 18s

@johnmanuelba @ProfessorFog Spoke w/ a scout who saw him within last 2 weeks. Said he was up to 96 w/ 6 SL and 6 CH. Quality young man too.

Edited by DirtySox