'Ace'(?) or 'Tub O' Goo'? Part 24

Guest Ncorgbl

yes, but Roman that is his right....the beauty of a censor-free messageboard is that members can post what they want to. I ca talk about the fact that Everett has no clue whatsoever on how to play centerfield, and it doesnt matter who agrees with me. The best solution is not to read it if it bothers you.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit it. Im not particularly fond Konerko, Crede or Buehrle. I do however accept them as members of this team and every time Buehrle comes up to start, I dont post "Buehrles gonna blow, part 1" and so on. I dont like him and for the most part I leave it at that. But here comes ncorgbl who everytime Colon comes up has to make a stupid comment about it. And unlike me, its all he posts. And he posts it every single time. It has gotten old...

Really, because I think it is kind of funny. So why don't you just skip the thread. That way you won't have to get annoyed and I'll be able to read and post on a topic I enjoy without listening to you b**** about it. Win - win.

Youre right capn but you havent posted 24 parts to the "Willie Mays or Carl Everett?" thread, have you? Its not about the opinion, its about how he brings it up every single time. And in it, hes always gonna suck and someones gonna bail him out. You can enjoy it, but I think its idiotic...

Youre right capn but you havent posted 24 parts to the "Willie Mays or Carl Everett?" thread, have you? Its not about the opinion, its about how he brings it up every single time. And in it, hes always gonna suck and someones gonna bail him out. You can enjoy it, but I think its idiotic...

Well thank God that what you think is the only thing that matters around here. I don't know what we would do if we didn't have someone as smart as you running around telling us what was idiotic and what wasn't.

Can we please leave this guy alone?  What is it with you people anyway?  Are you messing with Colon because he once played for the s***ty Indians?  I don't hear nearly as much venom directed at Burlymon or Garland who both have disappointed this season as well.

Look at the payroll. Colon is making so much more than MB. So I think SOME of the b****ing is justified since Colon hasn't really had it and has been struggling this season.

But color me surprised that the race card got played so damn early in the thread. :lol:

And NUKE, while you were gone there were plenty of "f*** MARK B" type threads.

What is truly idiotic is someone saying he posted this 24 times, and doesn't post about anything else here. Both statements are total bulls***. Check the archives.

I think Ncorgbl just got you again, and you are just dumb enough to fall for it every time. The guy is a master at allowing suspected assholes to prove it. :dips***

yes, but Roman that is his right....the beauty of a censor-free messageboard is that members can post what they want to.

Sure, Ncorg has the right to post whatever he wants but then be ready for some of us to use our right to tell him he's a moron for posting the same exact thing every 5 days. It goes both ways.

What is truly idiotic is someone saying he posted this 24 times, and doesn't post about anything else here. Both statements are total bulls***. Check the archives.

I think Ncorgbl just got you again, and you are just dumb enough to fall for it every time. The guy is a master at allowing suspected assholes to prove it. :dips***

What the hell?

Guest Ncorgbl

Last year, early in the season when our bats were cold and Ritchie was losing games because of no run support, I argued long and hard with baggio and Iowa that the losses were because we didn't hit. I posted that it's difficult to win games when you get only 2 hits several times. Their argument was that a good pitcher pitches 'up to' the competition, that if the pitcher's team scores one run, the pitcher must allow none, step up and hold the opposition to the level of the game. I didn't agree then, Ritchie was supposed to be a good pitcher, but they were holding him to Star levels. Ritchie had been acquired for two of our promising pitchers so he had a lot to answer for. Todd's problems snowballed, and we all know the rest, but remember, he pitched his first few for us pretty good, just with no luck, no hitting or scoring.

I do hold Colon to that level, 'Star' pitcher. He came here with the rep of being a 20 game winner, a workhorse, a hard throwing 'Ace'. He'll be looking for at least a reported $12+ million for next season.

So the question is raised. Should this guy be held to the lofty standard that baggs and Iowa said Ritchie should've been? With a one run lead should Colon have been expected to shut out the Red Sox? Two hits, but both home runs, did he step up or not? Should a pitcher of Colon's stature be expected to pitch his team to the level necessary to win?

Like the 'question of the meaning of life', 'what came first, the chicken or egg', & 'does she or doesn't she', Sox fan's unanswered eternal question is pitching tonight. Will our 'Tub O' Goo' step up, or will he wait until his teammates show up?

I think, with a two game lead and and showing up after his teammates did last time out it's time for GooBoy to mail one in. I look for Wright to relieve early and get the win.

But that's just me.  :fyou

Can we please leave this guy alone? What is it with you people anyway? Are you messing with Colon because he once played for the s***ty Indians? I don't hear nearly as much venom directed at Burlymon or Garland who both have disappointed this season as well.

Theyre white. Enough said.

Nah. It's because he is ugly as hell. Ladies and some guys dont like ugly players... :lol:

A. he has been here his whole carrer, and B. WE have seen what he has done for us in the last few years.

A. Last year is last year, these past 2 years he pitched for us when we were off the race, this year we are in the race and :ph34r: ...

IMO, Colon needs the same props as MB. The problem with Bart is that he doesnt speak english and he is always on his own, he doesnt want to being talking to the media.

Colon pitched great last night, the White Sox just forgot to hit. He's been inconisitent this year but seems to be turning it on at the right time. I'm surprised race was injected here. White Sox fans have taken to Latin players since the days of Chico Carrasquel. Don't expect to go very far into October if both Buerhle and Bart aren't at the top of their game. Everybody, the fans, players and management should be so greatful to Estaban Loiaza. He's more than made up for the other starters troubles on the mound. He's far and away the team MVP in my book. Tough loss last night but the opportunity is still there.

Colon pitched great last night, the White Sox just forgot to hit. He's been inconisitent this year but seems to be turning it on at the right time. I'm surprised race was injected here. White Sox fans have taken to Latin players since the days of Chico Carrasquel. Don't expect to go very far into October if both Buerhle and Bart aren't at the top of their game. Everybody, the fans, players and management should be so greatful to Estaban Loiaza. He's more than made up for the other starters troubles on the mound. He's far and away the team MVP in my book. Tough loss last night but the opportunity is still there.

I think his performance last night should end the "he'll show up if the rest of his teammates show up" argument that the author of this thread is famous for. I was at the game, and am still trying to figure out how Frank got throw out at third on that pop fly. He had the best view of the ball, 3rd base was the farthest away, and it wasn't even a close play. Anyway, the Sox had plenty of chances, its too bad they could muster only 1 run off Burkett.

Guest Ncorgbl
Nah. It's because he is ugly as hell. Ladies and some guys dont like ugly players... :lol:

It's good to see people mock the moron that attempted to bring race into the argument, that ploy was immature and a despicable display of ignorance with no basis and no purpose other than lack of intelligent argument. BMR31 leads Psycho around buy the nose, gets him to spout off and in trouble then runs and hides, trying to blame others with inane statements. But that's what bratty children do.

It looks as though Colon's turn will be pushed back a day so that Minnesota gets our full compliment of pitching, so there'll probably be an extra day before the next 'Tub O' Goo' news. And, rest assurred, there will be one.

Guest Ncorgbl
I think his performance last night should end the "he'll show up if the rest of his teammates show up" argument that the author of this thread is famous for. I was at the game, and am still trying to figure out how Frank got throw out at third on that pop fly. He had the best view of the ball, 3rd base was the farthest away, and it wasn't even a close play. Anyway, the Sox had plenty of chances, its too bad they could muster only 1 run off Burkett.

I don't think it does, as stated in a previous reply here, so I'll be asking again.

You were at the game and didn't see that it was a shallow pop up to the outfield that should've been caught and kept the runners from advancing? Once it dropped everyone had to advance, so someone was going to get thrown out. It was a play that demonstrated why the infield fly rule exists, but was too far out of the infield to be called.

My Catch 22, was trying to avoid this thread but there you such a good post that I am now in this thread after all saying

thank you for an intelligent post -

welcome to soxtalk!  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers

LOL! I wasn't sure anybody would "catch" on, but you sure did. :cheers to you and thanks.

I don't think it does, as stated in a previous reply here, so I'll be asking again.

You were at the game and didn't see that it was a shallow pop up to the outfield that should've been caught and kept the runners from advancing? Once it dropped everyone had to advance, so someone was going to get thrown out. It was a play that demonstrated why the infield fly rule exists, but was too far out of the infield to be called.

The fact that Magglio easily made it into 2nd base, and Frank had a better look at the play does nothing for you? It was a bad play by Frank, he was out by a mile. I'm not blaming the game on him, but if was one of your whipping boys out on 2nd, you'd have a different opinion.

The fact that Magglio easily made it into 2nd base, and Frank had a better look at the play does nothing for you? It was a bad play by Frank, he was out by a mile. I'm not blaming the game on him, but if was one of your whipping boys out on 2nd, you'd have a different opinion.

That's a good point. Second base was a much closer play than Third base to get an out.

Guest Ncorgbl

No, I wouldn't. The ball should've been caught, the runners saw that and had to stay close to tag up if they had any play after the catch. Maggs is only slightly faster than Frank, and may have 'cheated' a bit on his lead, he does that a lot, but who would you figure to throw out if you were the fielder?

No, I wouldn't. The ball should've been caught, the runners saw that and had to stay close to tag up if they had any play after the catch. Maggs is only slightly faster than Frank, and may have 'cheated' a bit on his lead, he does that a lot, but who would you figure to throw out if you were the fielder?

I would have figured throwing the guy out at second, considering it was about 30 ft. from where the ball dropped. It really didn't matter, they wouldn't have scored then anyway. Its just that Magglio was there easily, and Frank was out by so much, 90 feet farther from the play.

On that type of a play? Walker is running full out to the OF from his 2B position, as an IF your instinct would be to make the closest play (being 2B). For him to be able to miss the ball, pick it up, turn around towards the IF, and still be able to spot Thomas far away from 3B, and still have enough time to get a throw there to beat him by plenty means that Frank was way too close to the bag. He must have been practically standing on the bag, or got a terrible break on the ball running to 3B.